Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Track guys: I've been invited to a track day at Sandown (VIC) but its a 75dba day. What kind of decibels does a stock MSE produce? Think my MSE with custom exhaust and tune would pass? It's bloody loud.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Track guys: I've been invited to a track day at Sandown (VIC) but its a 75dba day. What kind of decibels does a stock MSE produce? Think my MSE with custom exhaust and tune would pass? It's bloody loud.
Stock is 88 dB @ 3750 rpm.
Custom exhaust (guess) is around 115 dB.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Dunno mate. But, FWIW a Victa 2 Stroke mower is 75dba at 75 metres. :confused:
Seriously though, I think you've got Buckley's. Unless they're measuring from a fair distance?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
you should be ok noise wise, just take it easy for a while, suss out where noise meter readings are taken(which parts of the track) if you can ask other drivers or officles
i have taken race cars with a full exhaust and been ok on 75db days,
you should be ok just don't be silly and have some fun in the corners, and be careful plenty of amco to hit even on the slow corners
if you think your cars too noisy , just don't ring it out use 3/4 throttle and have fun, who cares if a four cylinder goes past on a straight
just drive her as fast and quiet as you can
worst can happen is black flag
cheers mate

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Track guys: I've been invited to a track day at Sandown (VIC) but its a 75dba day.
Most testing is drive-by at about 30m. I have passed every time with DiFillipo exhaust. Keep your Bi-Modal shut when they are testing, shouldn't be an issue.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Track guys: I've been invited to a track day at Sandown (VIC) but its a 75dba day

Can tell I don't do track work..here I was thinking it was MINIMUM 75db to compete lol...I couldn't see the issue until I read further on :)

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Most testing is drive-by at about 30m. I have passed every time with DiFillipo exhaust. Keep your Bi-Modal shut when they are testing, shouldn't be an issue.

In the MSE you can't turn off the bi-modal independently. The bi-modal is linked with steering weight, throttle response and nannies on the driver performance dial. I'm not going to a track day where I have to put the car in comfort mode to pass noise regulations hehe

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Last time I was at Sandown Raceway, the DB mic was on the front straight (little over half way down when your in topish gear and WOT.
Ring Sandown Raceway and ask where they mics are situated so you can back off if possible. Sandown are ruthless and will send you home if your way over 75db. Bloody local council let residential houses be built very close and the residents winge when exhaust noise is too loud..

Are you doing a club trackday or driver dynamic day ?

Last edited: