Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden or ford

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i drive a BA xr6t with a brake upgrade, but before that my brakes were fine..

to the OP dont come on a holden forum asking what would better a xr6t or a ss, because of course your going to get everyone saying an ss,
but go onto the ford forums and watch the ss get nothing but bad reviews, just like the xr6t is here. its pretty straight forward mate.

you should take both cars for a test drive and see which one you like the most, dont listen to people on the forums, on this subject.

and just for future reference and because i like to stir crap the XR6T will put most of the LS1 boys to shame.

If you read the replies this guy has got, you will notice that A LOT of people on this forum have not been biased.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'm talking from experiences that my mate had with his BA wagon and BA Ghia, both had massive brake shudder. And his defiantly not alone with that issue.
Tell them to put new rotors on. We are not talking taxi's here any way. Unlike the Holden offering the Ford's use different setups on the xr6t from the base model.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Tell them to put new rotors on. We are not talking taxi's here any way. Unlike the Holden offering the Ford's use different setups on the xr6t from the base model.

There was a optional Brembo upgrade on the BF and F6 but the BA XR6T uses the same brakes as the rest of the range. I'm happy to be proven wrong throw a link up?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
There was a optional Brembo upgrade on the BF and F6 but the BA XR6T uses the same brakes as the rest of the range. I'm happy to be proven wrong throw a link up?
Half right, the BA brakes I was talking about were the optional upgrade. My mistake. They used a 325x32mm rotor. BF onwards came standard with better brakes then the base model.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
If you look around you can pick up a BF XR6T with reasonable kms for around the same price as a VY SS. Fords are a hell of a lot cheaper to modify for much greater gains too.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
^^^^^^^^^^^
I do not plan to do any extensive modifications and plan to keep it for quite a while.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
i have worked on fords ba xr6 turbo. the owner described it as the biggest pile of s##t he has ever owned. i drive a vy ss 6 speed i would never own a falcon