Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you relieve work stress?

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Well if you have any at all.. Having problems at my work... Anyways, I felt like I was going to explode and choke all the women at work..

They think they don't have to listen to me because I'm a younger guy who hasn't been there as long as them, but hey I am the manager and not them, there must be a reason behind it :thumbsup: ....

Relieving the stress with some good old 80s Thrash metal and cans of Jim Beam with a dash of Jack Daniels thrown in :D

I hope I don't wake up tomorrow..... I don't get paid enough to deal with these sorts of clowns!

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
Well if you have any at all.. Having problems at my work... Anyways, I felt like I was going to explode and choke all the women at work..

They think they don't have to listen to me because I'm a younger guy who hasn't been there as long as them, but hey I am the manager and not them, there must be a reason behind it :thumbsup: ....

Relieving the stress with some good old 80s Thrash metal and cans of Jim Beam with a dash of Jack Daniels thrown in :D

I hope I don't wake up tomorrow..... I don't get paid enough to deal with these sorts of clowns!

ide flex some mussle and show em whos boss if your higher up the food chain than them.

me i like to go find a windy road and drive...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
At my work we go do power slides around the bush roads in the Cobra when we've had enough

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Well if it's anything liek the movies i've seen on the internet you take off your clothes and have a mass orgy to release your 'stress' over them.

Personally i havent really worked it out yet, i get stomach pains from stressing myself out (strangely enough i dont think im stressed), i cant drink because it makes it worse so i find computer games/videos work well to get me out of reality.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
ide flex some mussle and show em whos boss if your higher up the food chain than them.

me i like to go find a windy road and drive...

been there.. tried done failed lol.

"i dont like the way you're doing things, im gunna call the owners"

and just say i have a little sit down, after unloading 12 pallets from the back dock to the store room... "why do you get to bludge and we dont" even though im sitting there covered in sweat..

ohwell im forgetting it all soon.. more drinking needs to be done

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i chill on my PC, games and stuff like that, great way to kick back and just forget life for a bit

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
been there.. tried done failed lol.

"i dont like the way you're doing things, im gunna call the owners"

and just say i have a little sit down, after unloading 12 pallets from the back dock to the store room... "why do you get to bludge and we dont" even though im sitting there covered in sweat..

ohwell im forgetting it all soon.. more drinking needs to be done

disrespectful bastards. ide just make up a smart ass comment after you load up your next lot of pallets, or tell them to go do it and then not to have a 5 min sit down after that

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Do yourself a favor and buy a book called "How to stop worrying and start living" by Dale Carnegie (ISBN 0-7493-0723-4). Except tof the end where it gets a tad religious it has a heap of techniques for dealing with whatever life throws at you.

Do you ever meet guys that seem totally un-flapable no matter what disaster happens? I have a reputation for that at work etc. It isn't because I'm better than anybody else. I have just learned techniques for dealing with stress. They aren't difficult and can get you a long way further doing whatever you want to in life.

One example is showing up to work to find firetrucks out the front which is not good when you work in the timber industry. It was a bit of a disaster but I did manage to have the factory up and running within a week even when I found out the place was *way* under insured. (Not a bad welcome to a company that I had started at 3 weeks earlier).

Cheers,
Reaper

Do we all feel warm and fuzzy now???

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Do you ever meet guys that seem totally un-flapable no matter what disaster happens? I have a reputation for that at work etc. It isn't because I'm better than anybody else. I have just learned techniques for dealing with stress. They aren't difficult and can get you a long way further doing whatever you want to in life.

Im one of those guys lol, nothing worries me externally, i keep a level head in pretty much all situations. I have a problem with hidden stress though, im the typical 'inner stressing perfectionist', apparently there is a whole group of people like me lol.

Just sucks when you're tied in knots at night, seems to kick in after 6pm and dies off after about 10pm, go figure.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I just go home and spend time with my kids, amazing how they tend to make you forget the trivial stuff.
Also i pick at my guitar a bit, and some playstation 2.