Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How do you transport your dog in a wagon

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
Just wondering how everyone transports their dog in the car, in particular the station wagons. Most common I see is the use of those hammocks and then locked into the seatbelt and collar.

Does anyone have ideas for ways to use the space of a wagon to do so ? I was thinking of getting a dog crate and then place in the rear of the wagon. That way when my girl Jet gets bored she won't have anything to chew on but what is in her crate...

NEW LARGE DOG CAGE 38" STRONG STEEL WHEELS REMOVABLE PLASTIC TRAY CRATE KENNEL | eBay

DOG RESIDENCE MOBILE BY SAVIC IN-CAR CRATE, SLOPED DESIGN FOR 5-DOOR CARS 91CM

The cheaper option would be safer I think in case of a collision.

Hoping to see or hear what everyone has in a wagon

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
when she was alive, just a harness attached to the anchor point

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
I'll be interested to see what everyone says, one of my mates told me it was illegal to have an untethered dog in the back of the wagon.
In my sedan i just put her coller through the seatbelt, that way she can move around, but is still restrained incase of an accident.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
We used to tie our old dog's leads around the cage (behind the back seat head rests) and he'd just lie down and chill, similar to Geek2.0's

timbo888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i used to have a malamute and we just threw him in the back seat of our sedan.. he took up most of the seat :) he would lie down with his head on the centre console between the front seats. tried him the the back of a hatchback we used to have and he slid around and wouldn't get comfy.

never had him anchored in the car, but always made sure his lead was off or in the car with him. had heard a story of someone with their dog in the car and the lead was hanging out of the door while attached to the collar, lead caught on something on the road while driving - not a nice thing to have happen.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I just tell him to get in and lay down, im more worried about him scratching the rear bar jumping in.

If I had to teather him I would put his lead onto the luggage tiedown lubs un the boot

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I just got a lead type harness that attaches to the rear seat belt. This way allows him to drool out the window and bark at motorbikes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347525044930.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347525044930.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 353

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
Your dog must be in the car with a harness or in a crate in NSW.
Dogs travelling in vehicles - City of Sydney

My staffyx just has a harness, she is good in the car and just falls asleep once we go past the turnoff for the beach. I've just got a new dog and he needs a crate.