Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How loud is your commodore from the outside?

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Just wondering generally how loud your commodores are outside the car with your stereo up loud. Mines really loud inside and very bassy, but when I shut the doors (with windows up) really the only thing I can hear is my number plate vibrating!

Oh and this is with a 15" sub in a custom box.

Post away

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ill swap you.....mines quiet inside and can be heard from over a K away down the road....

nuttered

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VP Berlina
Doesn't really phase me how loud it is outside. Mine is plenty loud inside, and sounds decent to match. I got no rattles! Sub is firing in through ski-port

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
good idea...

blue alliance

Reaction score
Website
www.cruisingmackay.com
Members Ride
98 VT S pack Supercharged/ 77 Datsun 260z Rb20det
Pends on the music really. Sometimes noisy inside nothing out. Sometimes moderate inside and people 2 cars ahead can hear it. As long as it makes my rearvision mirrors flap like a f&^king bird i'm happy.

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
u could say it depends on ur music but id say it depends on ur settings on ur headunit and amp, if u have no amp well it just depends on ur headunit, i can crank mine up so much that i neally brake my centre mirror holder from bass but it isnt all that music wise out side just alot of bass.

or i can set it mid way or just low bass and alot of trebble, then people can hear it anywere. 4 way speakers help with that
im yet to hook my amp, should have it today, as in wednesday cause its 2 am and i cant sleep. but with that in i can set my headunit to low bass and high trebble, then equal it out with my bass on high bass.

then im sure it will do both. only bad thing is im now abit def in one ear. but hey thats why i have 2 ears right.... :yeah:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Loud inside, quiet outside (fixed rattles)... Just the way it should be so you don't bother people who don't want to hear your annoying music :)

I just open doors if I want to show off how loud it can be :)

smithy73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
My VH (about 10 years ago) would crank out 120 dB at ear level, Not big numbers but when you consider the _music_ being played was still recognisable through 6x9's and 5 inch dual cones.

How did I know it 120 dB ? - because thats what showed on the meter and whats written on the trophy.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
only thing i've changed on my setup so far is a couple of 6.5" threeways in the parcel shelf and i got pioneers most basic mp3 capable head unit.

at the moment its enough to make the mirror vibrate a little now and then so im happy, grew up with quiet music anyway.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
my system is suprisingly simple and cheap, but pretty effective. i have a single 10" sony sub in a sealed sony box, found the best possie is with the centre divider down, the box in the doorway but facing rearwards. 360W amp pushes my sub and 2 pioneer 6x9"s in the parcel shelf. i topped out my mates sound meter at 114dB on the centre console. can't imagine that i would be topo much higher than that