Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many K's on your VR/VS

9C1pack

Reaction score
248K, VS V6 Auto. I don't drive it hard because of the high K's, but it seems to have more go than my VT with 120K. Might be because its not as heavy.

Premwood

Reaction score
My 94 VR manual Wagon has 294K on the clock, in the whole week and a half of ownership, i have spent about $250 on it!!!!!! Mind you, one day some guy came in with a VR (Ex taxi.... Hate the colour!) with 950k on the clock, he said he was on his 3rd engine!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive got 193 850 on the clock of my 96 vs, had it a week and have spent approx $600 on it. Getting, roof lining, air-con gassed, parts for a major service > $300 (which i did myself), soon to be up for a diff but other than that the engine never misses a beat runs perfectly and starts great

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
my vs stato has just hit 135,000. bout time i did its 5k service i think.

turbo_gemini

LoW RyDiN
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr s pac
my vr s pac has got 167000km's on it, goes good, got it off some oldies in golbourne, they were the origional owners, good to know it didnt have a hard life. only had 140000 when i got it, paid $5000 for it bout a year and a half ago. couple of lil problems but nothing serious, only a wheel bearing, crank angle sensor and the alternator, the alternator was my fault though, couldn't handle the stereo.

vsplook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Vacationer
the vacationer

i bought the girl back in 2003 (gee, that sounds suss...) with a touch over 51k on her. since then, she's had a 2nd gear box, the solinoids in that replaced, a new alternator, two new batteries, rocker-cover gaskets done, new brake discs (14 months now). but thats all. Oh, she needs the sway bar link on the left replaced, and a leak in the power steering done too.

Now, back on topic... she has 141k on her, not bad considering i've taken her all across the state (NSW) and down to melbourne a coupla times too. She still runs like a dream, a little tough to get going in the freezing cold (up in the highlands and down in canberra) but once she's on she's super.

i'd love to one day swap her to a manual (my only regret), get some extractors and put some berlina or callais wheels on her (the berlina wheels i think look cool) and then who knows? actually, after that... she'll be perfect!

cheers,

P

Andrewing

Reaction score
96 VS wagon done 133k. Was very lucky to find it. When purchased it had done 128k. Nothing wrong with it yet

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
11/95 VS.....purch 11/98 62k.....now 165k