Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many kw??????????

murphy77

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
So what mods do u recommend? I havehad the gear ratio changed to 3:9:1 whatever that means? Cheers

murphy77

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I have the gear ratio changed to 3:9:1.. And not that keen on putting a turbo in it, would rather a supercharger.. Cheers

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
A supercharger would be fine as well, its more the matter of money for those 2 options.
The gear ratio I will need to get back to you on as I cannot find my old mechanic books to find if that's a good ratio or not.

murphy77

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Powertorque recommended it so I'm assuming it's a good ratio.. so overall there's not alot I can get done for about 1k-2k that is going to increase power and torque greatly? Cheers

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Powertorque recommended it so I'm assuming it's a good ratio.. so overall there's not alot I can get done for about 1k-2k that is going to increase power and torque greatly? Cheers

Chev badges are cheap and add like 50hp..... Also put stockies on the back... theyre like 10 hp each too !!! :D AND PUT A CANNON ON IT!!!!!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Chev badges are cheap and add like 50hp..... Also put stockies on the back... theyre like 10 hp each too !!! :D AND PUT A CANNON ON IT!!!!!

^^^Yep thats a FAIL at being funny.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
With regards to those forced induction reccomendations, wouldn't he need to change his cam and tune all over again to suit FI ? I may be wrong i'm just asking i don't know all that much about modifying engines.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
The cam he has isn't a 'blower cam' but it would still work (just not to full potential) and yes a full tune would be required. If you wanted to do things properly you'd change the cam though.