Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] How much pwr should I expect to pull..?

troytroy2

Reaction score
Members Ride
YII Clubsport R8
You'll be right with your suggested mods.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
i reackon between 300 and 318 rwhp on a proper dyno not many maffless tuned cars go over the 320 odd mark , stay away from that 96mm professinal manifold and dont go spending 2.5k on a fast manifold with out a cam and/or heads you will see no gain i only got 5 rwhp gain on mine and thats head and cam

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
i reackon between 300 and 318 rwhp on a proper dyno not many maffless tuned cars go over the 320 odd mark , stay away from that 96mm professinal manifold and dont go spending 2.5k on a fast manifold with out a cam and/or heads you will see no gain i only got 5 rwhp gain on mine and thats head and cam

Cheers H1GHROLLR thanks for the info, i might hold off on the manifold then until i get a decent cam... Hoping for atleast 240 something kw's...
When you say there are not many maffless tuned cars go over the 320 odd mark, are you saying that maf tune is better? just cause i thought the maffless was the best tune to go with (pwr wise)
:beer chug:

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
you wont make that on a maf tune.1 3/4 extractors ,100 cpi cats, twin 2.5 or twin 3 good otr good mafless should get 320rwhp but mark would have a better understanding than me

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
mafless is an instant defect, i went with it though, wish id kept maf it does fine on an everyday car.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You can make same power from a tune on a MAF as MAFLESS. Just need to upgrade to a bigger MAF so it's no longer a restriction.

That way you also stay on the good side with the boys in blue.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
dont want to go riping the motor out just yet... plus if i got a cam i would hav a higher target then 250... like 280-300rwkw with some internals done whilst the motor's out the car...

is there anything small i can get, without going to a cam atm, to get me to 250 on a 'good' dyno.. lol

cheers:beer chug:

you dont need to pull the motor out to do a cam swap