Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to bypass VR immobiliser in key???

vrcommodore2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
James39
When we bought the car they had to replace the ignition and got a code from holden does that mean it's a genuine one???

Also can we just change the battery, isn't it coded in some way to the computer?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yep, its a genuine one then.The 45 minutes with the key in the on position will bypass it.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If its a VR commodore with standard factory ignition keyhead (key fob) type immobiliser than it takes 45 minutes with the ignition key in the on position for the immobiliser to be bypassed.The red light on the centre of the dash/console will stop flashing when the time is up.

Just for info, my owners manual states that even if the keyhead battery has insufficient power to operate the central locking, sufficient power will still remain to disable the immobiliser once you get the key in the ignition (you have to open the drivers door with the key). I've never tested this but that's what it says.:beer chug:

vrcommodore2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
THANK YOU

It's worked!!!! It has been disabled it's self

Thank you so much everyone for helping!!!!!!!!

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
make sure you tell him if he turns the car off it wont start again for another 40-45 mins what ever the time is..

vrcommodore2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
westbad
yep did tell him to make sure he put key in 45mins for he leaves, thank you for your help

Also can we just replace the battery in it? or do we have to buy another key compltely cause it's coded?

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
you can replace the battery, do a search there is a how to on this on the forum, it is a sealed key but you can cut it open change the battery and glue back together

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
hako you beat me to it lol i was looking for that link