Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Change the Oil in a VT/VX

MR VXS2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS2 Dual Fuel Wagon
Use 1/2* socket set for extra leverage, not 3/8*. Use a good quality copper sump washer and don't over tighten the plug when re installing. Make sure its done up sufficient though. I do mine up finger tight, then 1/3 to 1/2 turn more with the ratchet and she's never let me down yet :)

Veetee89

Just a boy with his toys
Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT Acclaim Ecotec
May have to try that out right now, having a bit of trouble with mine, the mechanic who did the last service did it up tight as and left the plug in crap condition.. Using a multi grip but hands are getting too sore *sigh*

Craig Facey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 5.7
I'm surprised people aren't changing their sump Washer every now and then.. .they are designed to create a seal by being crushed.. So eventually they will leak ..

Also the best filter removal tool is a three pronged claw you can get on eB@# that fits onto your socket wrench and tightens as it turns

Jjord27

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 sv6 vz commodore
It's never an issue on Commo's or Falcons..

Try undoing the filter on my 96' Corolla or a Mazda 323.. The location's shitty and they're rivetted on..
Bit late but have changed one on a vt