Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to connect Speedo in vk 1984 to T700 gearbox

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
If nothing is wired up to other end of that vss plug then doubt it ever had working speedo with th700 conversion.

I'd buy cable see if it screws in & works...check speedo with gps app but as long as using same read diff gear ratio & wheels as vn/p should be read close enough.

If you're running different wheels & diff ratio speedo will be out & if needs right angle adaptor starts to look exxy...$90 + $180 adaptor if required & few hundred more for corrector starts to add up.

Malex Motorsport up your way sell th700 cable $80 so that would be worth a try if wanting to tightarse a fix assuming stock diff gears & wheel size as a vn.

They also do electric speedbox vss/gps drive that would set you back $600 or so with short cable to speedo then you wire it it in....can be adjusted for different gears/wheels.
Awesome information thank you! Much appreciated mate.

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
So I pulled the dash cluster out and saw the old speedo cable had been cut (no surprises there). I removed the vss and gear (45 splines light blue). I have purchased the cable suited and going to connect it up tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your advice and input, much appreciated!

Scatman696

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk berlina
If nothing is wired up to other end of that vss plug then doubt it ever had working speedo with th700 conversion.

I'd buy cable see if it screws in & works...check speedo with gps app but as long as using same read diff gear ratio & wheels as vn/p should be read close enough.

If you're running different wheels & diff ratio speedo will be out & if needs right angle adaptor starts to look exxy...$90 + $180 adaptor if required & few hundred more for corrector starts to add up.

Malex Motorsport up your way sell th700 cable $80 so that would be worth a try if wanting to tightarse a fix assuming stock diff gears & wheel size as a vn.

They also do electric speedbox vss/gps drive that would set you back $600 or so with short cable to speedo then you wire it it in....can be adjusted for different gears/wheels.
Hey All,

Really stoked and it’s all done! Speedo cable purchased and installed - didn’t need to change the drive gear for speed drive cog - Speedo looks spot on after several tests. Really happy and thanks to all for your advice. No bends in cable and works smooth and well. Cheers to all