Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to reduce police attention?

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
I drive a Commodore on 19's with tinted windows and a (I suspect, have never tested it) louder than legal exhaust. Never been pulled over, not even for RBT. I see cops while driving all the time.
It may just be the cops in your area. Do you drive late at night often? I don't, but most of the people I hear about getting pulled over and defected are done after 10 or 11pm. Not that (by the sounds) you need to worry about getting a defect, aside from the blower, but yeah. And the sticker probably doesn't help.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Sorry havn't read the whole thread. Is it possible that you have been caught doing silly things in the past an the cops have you on their records??? Or is it possible that you may have pissed someone off that has made false cliams to the police???

When i 1st moved back to a small town i was getting pulled over nearly every 2nd day for about 6 weeks stright at all differents time of the day (in my at the time stock vx ss) got sick of it after a while so i asked why all the attention, cop said someone had rang in an said i drink drive all the time. So they put me on a little list they carry in there cars an when they see me they pull me over.

An i said well you have pulled me over about 10 times in the last 6 weeks an got nothing, he said this wil be the last time as i have just taken you off the list. Since then i have only been pulled twice (in my not so stock vx ss). that was over 2 years ago now.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I think any sticker relating to a car forum or workshop will get you heaps of attention... But honestly, the amount your getting pulled over is nothing..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We have a huge AMAZON RACING sticker on the back window....you'd think that would get some attention....

Titleist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE s2 SSV
times of the day is a good one too i've noticed...

i drive a new SSV with dark tint ,and get pulled over driving to work at 4:30am wanting to know if it's my car and where im going , don't get looked at during the day..

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Like people have said its prob the stickers.. Maybe the cops just wanna have a look at your car cos they jelious?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I never get picked on, I never just go for a cruise though its strictly transportation (having kids brings you back to earth lol). When I was young my formula blue UC torana got pulled up everytime they saw me lol next I had a vl with 18's and they didn't like that either. Then I had a VN 5L wagon that was brutal and loud with 18's and they never pulled me over unless they saw me doing something wrong.

Low06VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK HSV Grange #120
Have you not long ago aquired the car? In Hamilton, the cops generally see something new to the area, pull it up a few times, check some things out and then leave it alone, provided its reasonable. My daily drivers are a VZ wagon, on SSL's and running 20's with tinted windows. My other car is a 1999 Cruiser wagon, jacked up in the air, 35's and barwork. I was pulled over a few times in the first week of buying the VZ, but after checking the height and tyres i've been left alone since.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Mate ... try driving a ute. They're like a magnet.
Used to work till late at night and driving home was forever getting pulled over for a breath tests.

Single guy in a ute coming home late at night...I can understand why.

But for some reason I think the ute drivers get singled out more.