Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Spell like an Australian

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Also on the side not, I quite often say "lol" or "Roffle" and "bred"(brb) in person just to annoy people.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
well these days yes...but I remember when doing English, right through to like year 10 if you put one of them in the wrong context you'd more or less be shot...

So you mean they correct mistakes, rather than teach them?

Discipline ensures lower probability of the error recurring :w00t:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Another bug bear is abbreviating everything, be that posts on forums, chat channels, text messages, emails or hand written notes.

u, 2 , l8r, 2moz, ur

Just a few of the common ones most of us encounter daily. How much longer does it take one to write the full word?

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
So you mean they correct mistakes, rather than teach them?

Discipline ensures lower probability of the error recurring :w00t:

?? Both...We were taught each meaning and when each should be used, and if someone (A STUDENT) put it in the wrong context then we would get the whole spew about it again...

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Another bug bear is abbreviating everything, be that posts on forums, chat channels, text messages, emails or hand written notes.

u, 2 , l8r, 2moz, ur

Just a few of the common ones most of us encounter daily. How much longer does it take one to write the full word?

Exactly, What I find even more funny, is that people that write the full word, then go back and delete it, and make it abbbreviated, just HOW is that quicker. Typing like that, and using every second letter a capital is the lastest wank factor.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Exactly, What I find even more funny, is that people that write the full word, then go back and delete it, and make it abbbreviated, just HOW is that quicker. Typing like that, and using every second letter a capital is the lastest wank factor.

+1 to that and Sash.... "l33t" and CrAp like that to me is the "retards" was of talking on the net...And people who spell words differently, but with the same amount of letters like "kool, kewl" and others like that...

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
+1 to that and Sash.... "l33t" and CrAp like that to me is the "retards" was of talking on the net...And people who spell words differently, but with the same amount of letters like "kool, kewl" and others like that...

Trust me, it is pathetic when people over 20 do it. You can forgive the youth in my eyes, as we all have our own little language when going through your teens. But when I chat to someone around my age and they start typing 'kewl' or any other form of abbreviation, I am generally rude to them. Tell them to grow up and stop trying to act like a teenager. Especially those of my generation who were taught correct spelling and grammar etc. Quite often I get the reply (when chatting on MSN) that the other party is a one fingered slow typist so they abbreviate to speed things up.

I tell them I am happy to wait a few seconds longer and read properly constructed words and sentences.

nx-de

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
hahaha i fixed up the "mould instead of mold"

License is actually a plural of licence (eg. Going to license my car as opposed to Driver's Licence) but somehow got adopted into the american language to mean both. Like practise and practice.

nx-de

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS
3. Using "brought" in place of "bought".

I still remember in primary school being told that "bought" isn't a word and we should always use "brought". But I always say bought anyway :D

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Trust me, it is pathetic when people over 20 do it. You can forgive the youth in my eyes, as we all have our own little language when going through your teens. But when I chat to someone around my age and they start typing 'kewl' or any other form of abbreviation, I am generally rude to them. Tell them to grow up and stop trying to act like a teenager. Especially those of my generation who were taught correct spelling and grammar etc. Quite often I get the reply (when chatting on MSN) that the other party is a one fingered slow typist so they abbreviate to speed things up.

I tell them I am happy to wait a few seconds longer and read properly constructed words and sentences.

BAHAHAHAHA....

I know what you mean, know a few elderly people that think they're "cool" and "hip" because they talk like the kids of today :bang::bang:

Last edited: