Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Spell like an Australian

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
I can smell the irony here.... & I think it's rather pathetic.

I can understand being ****** off at illiterates, abbreviating when there is no need, and little kiddy talk like discussed earlier in this thread, but like it or not, Australia is becoming a more diverse and multicultural country.

I get angry when i'm at the shops, or at work, and people will talk another language right in front of you... But i'm pretty sure that when I refer to my Mom, you all know who I am referring to. If you don't, you must be illiterate.

MaKe A tHr3@d sL@nDeRiNg W@NkErS wHo Wa!sT Th3!r tYm tYpInG Lyk DiZ InSt3D - Instead of insulting those who can spell.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8

I can understand being p!ssed off at illiterates, abbreviating when there is no need, and little kiddy talk like discussed earlier in this thread, but like it or not, Australia is becoming a more diverse and multicultural country.

I get angry when i'm at the shops, or at work, and people will talk another language right in front of you... But i'm pretty sure that when I refer to my Mom, you all know who I am referring to. If you don't, you must be illiterate.

MaKe A tHr3@d sL@nDeRiNg W@NkErS wHo Wa!sT Th3!r tYm tYpInG Lyk DiZ InSt3D - Instead of insulting those who can spell.

I shold slap you for trying to force me to read that abomination...

For Julie and others who will not read it "Make a thread slandering wankers who waist their tym (i think he means time) typing lyk (I think he means like) diz (again, i'm sure he means this...) insted (this guy really needs a dictionary, instead)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6

Irony is someone who can not take the time to spell a three letter word in english but goes about swapping characters and symbols in swear words just to get them past the swear filter.

This is the second post of yours that I have read in fives minutes where you did so. Some friendly advice give it a rest :thumbsup:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
hahaha i fixed up the "mould instead of mold"

License is actually a plural of licence (eg. Going to license my car as opposed to Driver's Licence) but somehow got adopted into the american language to mean both. Like practise and practice.

At the risk of appearing pedantic, "license" is not a plural - it's a verb, and "licence" is a noun.

"Plural" means more than one.

I agree with the OP and many other comments expressed regarding the "bastardisation" of common communication. "Geek speek" and Americanisation of our basic language is an unfortunate outcome of modern society and the influence that entertainment media have on us, particularly amongst the younger generation.

Sashyre - I'm with you totally regarding the abbreviations, deliberate mis-spelling and mixed upper/lower case/interpositioning of letters and numerals. Bloody frustrating to read.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Irony is someone who can not take the time to spell a three letter word in english .......:

ah, thought it was something like having ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife........

perhaps irony(or is it hypocrisy), is all the bleating in this thread about poor spelling when all through the majority of the threads on this forum much of the criticisms listed above are proudly on display.

I dont care if people use american spelling, at least its acceptable in a few countries on the planet. But what of those that don't even realise that they make homophonic errors (http://www.bifroest.demon.co.uk/misc/homophones-list.html) many enquire about having duel fuel on their vehicles!
, it's rEdiculous(see how many hits there are for that here....), or those that dont know the difference between loose/lose and how it is different to choose/chose......... but for thoze that doo its as plane as the noose on youre face.

Last edited:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
YouTube comments are the lowest common denominator for use of English.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Just thought of another annoyance. Emoticons when chatting to people on MSN! I now have them disabled as I got fed up of every fourth word being a picture.

Heads up though for anyone that does wish to use them correctly, change the first letter of the name of your emoticon to a capital, this way you choose when to use it during your chat.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Change is inevitable.

All you can do is look after yourself, slap your mates in the back of the head if they come up with any of this crap AND...........

Make sure you light the bbq up on monday.
Or do it all weekend even!!!!