Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Here's two pics i've taken of a really undercover police vehicle. Darker than legal tint, no aerials anywhere, no lights on the exterior of the vehicle (like the green VE has near it's number plate in the pic from TVR-161).

Yes i know it's a ford, but it was one i saw the other night while i was out at night. So i grabbed a pic to post up for people.

18-01-09_0246.jpg
18-01-09_0247.jpg

And when i've played with the Exposure settings, you'll see the rear lights in the right hand corner on the rear parcel shelf, and the light bar on the centre of the dash. That's the only giveaway for that vehicle. And the rear bar is hard enough to see through the dark tint as it is.

Re-exposure%20of%2018-01-09_0246.jpg
Re-exposure%20of%2018-01-09_0247.jpg

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i saw a dark grey G6E unmarked a few days ago, whatever the luxury model is called. (i dont know fords) but it had the dash lights, tint and rear lights. guy in it wasnt dressed as a copper though. probably a detective

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
i know maitland had a black vw turbo bug (black) and forster had a red one (ive been pulled over by both of them)

adaml1754

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec wgn
sort of on the same subject but anyways was driving home down redland bay road just past capalaba wreckers there was a plain normal white duel cab 4wd hilux parked on the side of the road, when i got a little closer there was a coppa standing on the passenger side on the car he had opened the door stood inside and closed the door on himself and you couldn't see his hi-vis and had a hand held speed camera. there getting pretty bad

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
We have unmarked cars too guys......and many of the guys in them don't wear a uniform...

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
We have unmarked cars too guys......and many of the guys in them don't wear a uniform...
I know, that blue ford above is a victorian car! And no, not all of them wear uniform, however MOST of them wear just a dark blue T-shirt, and then you got the real pricks who just wear casual! Really hard to spot them.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I know, that blue ford above is a victorian car! And no, not all of them wear uniform, however MOST of them wear just a dark blue T-shirt, and then you got the real pricks who just wear casual! Really hard to spot them.

LOL, SA cops are behind the times.

Our guys drive around in the latest model, with a luvure, and all wearing beanies!

They don't stand out one bit:whistling

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
surely this goes against entrapment laws, i bet they just expect you to bend over and take it. id like to hear a copper's comment on this, i know theres a few on this forum.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
surely this goes against entrapment laws, i bet they just expect you to bend over and take it. id like to hear a copper's comment on this, i know theres a few on this forum.

They'll all tell you the same thing, theres no such 'entrapment' law in Australia. Too much CSI me thinks!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco

Aus doesnt have entrapment laws