Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
A few of these unmarked WRX's running around Perth now, been done by one (passed him at full noise without realising), Plus the usual unmarked XR6 Turbos (white one with rego-MH63179 has been known to try and bait people to race)

Late December the Police bought 10 or so Subaru Liberty's to remain unmarked, still getting fitted out with concealed lights and what not. These will be hard to spot to start with, as they will not be stock looking. Part of their hoon crack down.

ha i just read this post... thats the exact same white XR6 turbo that pulled me over... i was pretty lucky to get away with it considering the speed i was doing b4 i spotted it.

ive seen a few of those wrx's in perth as well. ive seen a couple marked wrx's in the city too.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
here in perth they have quite a few black XR6 turbo's with dark tint and mags that they use at nite time. pretty hard to pick until you are beside it and can see the computer screen. been pulled over by a white XR6 turbo with mandurah number plates (bout an hr south of perth). i was doing about 40km/h over the limit when passing them and then luckily just spotted 3 small ariels on the back windscreen so i slowed down as much as i could and they only got me for 10km/h over the limit and let me off with a warning... thought it was quite nice of him :)

Shame they didnt get you for more. You deserve to be off the road as a lesson travelling at those speeds.

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
Shame they didnt get you for more. You deserve to be off the road as a lesson travelling at those speeds.

Yep i agree with you... was a couple yrs back. certainly would have taught me a lesson... was pretty quick to get over the hooning phase tho after a whole bunch of mates relied on me to take them places after being done by hoon law.

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
easiest 1 i saw was a vz sedan going backwards on a roundabout near a park with lights off at 2am, funny **** lol (in sa btw)

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
here in perth they have quite a few black XR6 turbo's with dark tint and mags that they use at nite time. pretty hard to pick until you are beside it and can see the computer screen. been pulled over by a white XR6 turbo with mandurah number plates (bout an hr south of perth). i was doing about 40km/h over the limit when passing them and then luckily just spotted 3 small ariels on the back windscreen so i slowed down as much as i could and they only got me for 10km/h over the limit and let me off with a warning... thought it was quite nice of him :)

At least it wasn't my WA collegues pulling you out from the trunk of a tree.

Dangerous act and nothing to spruik about.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
actually ive noticed an increase in cars not having antennas now.

I went passed a highway patrol car that had no antennas whatsoever, but the bloke that climbed out in a light blue uniform and reflective vest indicated otherwise.

Also passed a VE berlina heading in the opposite direction on the weekend, same delio, no antennas, just looked like a standard grandpa car.

BTW Menai is the dog squad head office thus why there'd be like 10 of them

Most agencies are moving to digital networks. External aerials aren't always needed. So don't go looking for them...

fly05sv6

power and muscle
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
Up here on the goldcoast, i have seen an vz ss ute used as an undercover cop car.
the number plate was "heat". it came up next to a maloo ute and reved up, the maloo ute sped off and imediatly the lights came on to pull over the car. i was cruising next to it

zaczac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharged
by the time you notice the tiny differences, probably too late.
very hard to spot when your driving
j