Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
i like it when they drive around in like a purple 380 wearing hi-vi's with the lights on the dash that have red and blue lenses...

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
For those down here in Victoria, there are a few cop cars which are impossible to pick from a normal hoon's car.

No Aerials (radio aerial down too while driving)
Darker than legal tint on rear and possible on the sides (so you can't see the lights)
P Plates displayed (mostly hidden at the front like many P Platers do with the blue sun strip at the top) And in the back window but they're hard to see [Using green P Plates]

Other than that they look pretty much stock but have been modified for power (although some have a few modifications like driving lights and interior setups to fool). If you intimidate to drag them they'll rev back and **** but your screwed! :p

And yes, this is Victoria Police's new plan to catch hoons. And no, they're not just P Platers!

On another note, the undercover VE SS Utes look **** hot! :D

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
How have the unmarked cars been modified for power?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I've seen/heard a number of unmarked coppa's in SS's that are lowered, tint and have full exhausts

Happened to be around the geelong area :whistling lol

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
they dont, the engins remain the same

I know, that's why I'm asking. They don't mod engines.

You might find too that despite all the assertions, Police are still quite cautious in what they will use on the road, and particularly in pursuits.

Whilst using cars in-cognito to catch the idiot even with many of the supposed get-ups described, full on pursuits beyond intercepts are another thing. For example an Astra might do well for an pull up, however you won't find it fangin dow Dandy Road at a hundred after a knob.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I've actually noticed alot of the cops cars have "quite" modifications...Saw a unmarked Omega... at low speeds you couldn't even hear it, even at 80k it was very quiet...but flew :|

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I know, that's why I'm asking. They don't mod engines.

You might find too that despite all the assertions, Police are still quite cautious in what they will use on the road, and particularly in pursuits.

Whilst using cars in-cognito to catch the idiot even with many of the supposed get-ups described, full on pursuits beyond intercepts are another thing. For example an Astra might do well for an pull up, however you won't find it fangin dow Dandy Road at a hundred after a knob.

saw a police vitara in a chase once, was about 30 seconds behind the rest of the cars. funny sight

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
This is the marked cop cars here
IMG_0871.JPG

And this is an undercover one, not too hard to spot. Thats nz anyway
775870-Unmarked-police-car-0.jpg

zouse

I Love my VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
I've seen corolla'z as undercovers( god what has the world gotten to)

Anyways i had a dream few nights back that i saw undercover cops in a neon chrysler ( what a lame dream)