Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV VS ISS SECURITY SYSTEM FOR A series 2 ?WILL IT fit into a VS series 111

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
YES HES SELLING IT......$750,,,i know its a lot,,,but thats what hes asking....if it suited my car i would of alreay brought it lol...and yes its still for sale

Last edited:

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
cool. i will find out some more info and get back to you on it then

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
will it remain in overide mode when driving? and being in overide mode is there a way to sneek a newkeyhead into the stystem? without the iss knowing as now its in overide mode?
Try the instructions below for disarming the ISS - may not work on VS3.

Service / Valet System Override
To put the immobiliser into system override mode, first ensure that the immobiliser is disarmed and the ignition switched ON. Press and hold the TAG against the recess in the status monitor. After three seconds the LED will start to flash quickly. The LED will continue to flash quickly to warn you that immobiliser is still in override mode. Once system override mode has been entered, the immobiliser will remain in this mode until the TAG is touched against the recess in the status monitor.
thanks for the reply have good new year

JJ's VR

VRHLDN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8lt Supercharged 163.8kW & VS sII HSV Senator
HSV do still have new black tags for sale, I just bought one! They had about 25 left in stock at $60 each. I also bought a spare recepticle $25 (where key touches to arm/disarm) I've just been through the learning process of the iss!!! When i bought my vs s11 senator, it only came with one black iss key (no red master), thought to myself I wouldn't mind a spare just in case, my local hsv dealer told me that they were able to programme black iss key through scan2 tech tool and a phone call to hsv, quoted me $85 to do it, so I booked it in. Guess what? They couldn't do it, they need the red master key!! NO ****, this is what i freekin told the guy before I even booked it in, I dont have the red master key!! GRR... So a waste of an hour of my time, but at least there was no charge, LUCKY!! I considered buying that kit off ebay last time it was up for auction, as they are no longer available. However, I was very easily able to get a spare ignition key and 3-button remote programmed without red master key.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
i think the guy above is loooking for the full kit *i may be wrong*
HSV do still have new black tags for sale, I just bought one! They had about 25 left in stock at $60 each. I also bought a spare recepticle $25 (where key touches to arm/disarm) I've just been through the learning process of the iss!!! When i bought my vs s11 senator, it only came with one black iss key (no red master), thought to myself I wouldn't mind a spare just in case, my local hsv dealer told me that they were able to programme black iss key through scan2 tech tool and a phone call to hsv, quoted me $85 to do it, so I booked it in. Guess what? They couldn't do it, they need the red master key!! NO ****, this is what i freekin told the guy before I even booked it in, I dont have the red master key!! GRR... So a waste of an hour of my time, but at least there was no charge, LUCKY!! I considered buying that kit off ebay last time it was up for auction, as they are no longer available. However, I was very easily able to get a spare ignition key and 3-button remote programmed without red master key.

so???? you can get a keyhead done??? no red tag needed? im sure it said in the hvs manual that a red tag is needed? is your a v2 or v3 and is there a diff? who did the spare ignition key for you and how did you intro it to the car, i never use my black tag i just keep it with my keys,,thanks a bunch..ps were you getting you iss info? from the manual?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
from what i have read on the net series 3 need the red tag to program keys to the car where as series 2 just need to red tag to program other tags to the system. as i only got the black one with my s2 senator i want to try and get a whole new system.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the info
from what i have read on the net series 3 need the red tag to program keys to the car where as series 2 just need to red tag to program other tags to the system. as i only got the black one with my s2 senator i want to try and get a whole new system.

JJ's VR

VRHLDN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8lt Supercharged 163.8kW & VS sII HSV Senator
Yep! Simple as, didn't even need to take the car to shop. Its the series 2 senator. NEPEAN LOCKSMITHS IN Braeside, cost me $50 to get ignition key programmed, all you need to supply them with is the vin #. I bought the ignition keyhead off ebay, 3 button hsv one about $55. Then $10 for the ignition key itself to be cut. All the info I got on iss is from the guy who is selling kit on ebay, Paul, he was nice enough to type out instructions on programming and email it to me.
i think the guy above is loooking for the full kit *i may be wrong*

so???? you can get a keyhead done??? no red tag needed? im sure it said in the hvs manual that a red tag is needed? is your a v2 or v3 and is there a diff? who did the spare ignition key for you and how did you intro it to the car, i never use my black tag i just keep it with my keys,,thanks a bunch..ps were you getting you iss info? from the manual?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
im not sure if it can be done that way with a series 2 ill give nepean locksmith when thay reopen in the new years.?? im pretty sure from what ive been told that vs s3 are diff i hope im wrong
Yep! Simple as, didn't even need to take the car to shop. Its the series 2 senator. NEPEAN LOCKSMITHS IN Braeside, cost me $50 to get ignition key programmed, all you need to supply them with is the vin #. I bought the ignition keyhead off ebay, 3 button hsv one about $55. Then $10 for the ignition key itself to be cut. All the info I got on iss is from the guy who is selling kit on ebay, Paul, he was nice enough to type out instructions on programming and email it to me.

thanks for the reply have a great 2011

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
i wish it was different for ya justbad4you. click the link in the pm i sent ya. the web site states in there about needing the red tag to introduce keys in series 3.