Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need to be educated

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
So is the measurement of torque different too? If so, why are the advertised figures the same at 570nM?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Found this on Wikicars.org

hp (DIN)
DIN horsepower is the power measured according to the German standard DIN 70020. It is measured at the flywheel, and is in practical terms equivalent to the SAE net figure. However, be aware that DIN "horsepower" is often expressed in metric (Pferdestärke) rather than mechanical horsepower.

hp (ECE)
ECE R24 is another standard for measuring net horsepower. It is quite similar to the DIN 70020 standard, but the requirement for connecting an engine's fan during testing varies. ECE is seen as slightly more liberal than DIN, and ECE figures tend to be slightly higher than DIN. John Deere is one strong adherent to ECE testing.

9768-EC

Who says you cant learn stuff on the internet?:D

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I may well be wrong but I also thought that HSV had a 6250 rpm limiter compared to the Holden 6000. My tuner changed mine accordingly, not that I climb that high.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I may well be wrong but I also thought that HSV had a 6250 rpm limiter compared to the Holden 6000. My tuner changed mine accordingly, not that I climb that high.

The VF2 displayed redline at 6k but it does rev to 6250 aswell.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Supposedly there is 36kws difference between the 6.2 Holden and the NA HSV.

HSV's LS3 will no longer comply with the new Euro 4 emission coming in this November? I believe. That is why HSV is doing a LS3 run out for all vehicles atm and After November(?) they'll ONLY build the LSA powered cars.

Holden's LS3 tuned (304kw) meets the new Euro 4 emission standards and thats why its slightly detuned but will continue to be sold after November................

I read this in regards to the new VF LS3 track edition last month (in June)

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
LS3 redline is 6600 rpm.

Sorry got the numbers of the displayed redline mixed up. As far as I'm aware it doesn't cut fuel until 250rpm after the displayed redline so as far as I'm aware it is 6750 but I'll test on the drive home ;)