Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I smile every time I drive it..

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Your opinion Raj. Doesn't mean you're right. Same as it's my opinion and I'm no more right or wrong than you. And if they WERE unreasonably priced, how come you have owned so many?

Sometimes old son i think you just like to disagree for the hell of it. Give it a rest. It's becoming very tiresome.

Actually on reflection, it's bloody annoying. Is that what you intend?

Owning so many of them because I enjoy them doesn't make them good value! lol... And the "un" part wasn't as important as the "you can get better quality for the same cost" part. You said it yourself - that's your answer right there.

I make statements based on what I think at the time I'm writing them. Making a statement like "Holdens are not good value for money" because I think that doesn't automatically contradict owning them. I own them because I like them and accept that they're not as good value for money as I could get elsewhere.

The problem people have with my style of communication is they make assumptions about things that are un-related to the statement I've made. E.g. "he thinks they're not good value so why would he own one? he's just being annoying and arguing for the sake of it". Er, nope. I genuinely think they're not but still have had them anyway.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
I wouldn't mind a hellcat...

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I'd personally take a CTS-V Wagon... :D

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Might be a little off topic, but I was driving the Calais wagon today and thought to myself 'where else other than Australia would you find a big V8 shoehorned into a family station wagon?...these Holdens are very much world class cars and we will sorely miss them when they are gone..

I read a review recently and one of the terms they used to describe it was 'a ballistic box carrier'..never a truer word was spoken

We truly are in a fine age of Australian motoring :)

Anyhow I'm back to the garage for another spin...

I hate wagons but admire your enthusiasm. :)

They really have saved the best for last, the VF is a real achievement.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Ow
ning so many of them because I enjoy them doesn't make them good value! lol... And the "un" part wasn't as important as the "you can get better quality for the same cost" part. You said it yourself - that's your answer right there.

I make statements based on what I think at the time I'm writing them. Making a statement like "Holdens are not good value for money" because I think that doesn't automatically contradict owning them. I own them because I like them and accept that they're not as good value for money as I could get elsewhere.

The problem people have with my style of communication is they make assumptions about things that are un-related to the statement I've made. E.g. "he thinks they're not good value so why would he own one? he's just being annoying and arguing for the sake of it". Er, nope. I genuinely think they're not but still have had them anyway.

The issue I have with your "defence" is that you deliberately contradict someone's opinion by stating the exact opposite as if they are stupid.

You've done it twice with my comments recently. On another thread a few weeks back I stated my satisfaction with the standard headlights in my VY Berlina. Your comment? "You must be blind..." because I was very satisfied with them but it was at odds with your views.

Then you re-word a comment from my earlier post in this thread to "correct " it so that it matched your opinion.

Knock it off. I've got my own mind and i don't need some keyboard corrector telling me how to think. The problem people have with your communication is that it is too often arrogant, pedantic and dogmatic and intolerant of opposing views

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So? What's your point? I'm not entitled to my point of view? Of course I am. And if that point of view is that you're wrong, which you are if you think a Berlina has decent factory headlights, then so be it. I'm not personally attacking or having a go at anyone. :D Good day sir.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Chill out, chaps..........opinions are like a***holes, every ones got one, and they’re all different sizes.

Here is one of my opinions (which no doubt most will disagree with ).......the new Mustang that every-one is having orgasms over is an over bloated, leg room challenged piece of over-hyped publicity from a company that has been trying to ditch Australian manufacturing for over 20 years.

I smile every time I drive my Monaro, and especially when I see a Mustang.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Owning so many of them because I enjoy them doesn't make them good value! lol... And the "un" part wasn't as important as the "you can get better quality for the same cost" part. You said it yourself - that's your answer right there.

Sorry mate, but if you can buy a better product for the same money, why buy the cheaper product? Bit of a contradiction there.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Exactly! Buying it because you like it means it represents good value to you. It matters not if that value is on the spec sheet or In your heart or mind.
Personally for the 14k I paid for my car for 6 years of spacious trouble free motoring I don't think I could have found better value than my VE Berlina!

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I was a euro snob before deciding to buck the trend and purchase a good old aussie manual v8 ute rather than a volkswagen amarok. I must say in nearly 3 years of ownership mechanically it hasn't missed a beat.

The only things I would change on it is the Std airbag steering wheel looks crap and the front seats are pretty average. Where else in the work can u have a 450bhp work car u can still use on the weekends and uses 15 l/100km when loaded driving in the peak hour ****.

Perhaps tradies would have used more Holden Utes rather than the euro or jap versions if;
1/ they came with a tray with high load carrying option
2/ someone had the forsight to install a performance Diesel engine rather than the v6 petrol

A performance diesel tray Holden ute would have sold very well. Perhaps a performance diesel in the rest of the range. It would have suited the large car very well and probably retuned fuel consumption in the 5-6 bracket. A 350horse big torque reforms Diesel engine would have been orsome.