Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I want to get a new car for my wife...but not like this :(

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Have you put both cars to her and asked her what she'd rather? I think get the sedan. Just for that extra bit of class...lol

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Have you put both cars to her and asked her what she'd rather? I think get the sedan. Just for that extra bit of class...lol

No, you see I never ever ask my wife what she wants. She is simply given what she gets and I ask the entire internet population what she should have.....

Of course I did that. She has had them both on very long test drives and is completly satisfied with either vehicle and has left the vehicle in my hands as to what I want to do.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Well in that case, now look at what would suit her better. Does she need the room of the wagon? Or would a sedan suit her fine? We need pics I think. :)

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Go wagon, more versatile, you can chuck heaps of stuff in the back for a weekend away and if it was me id go the wagon 4 acoustics :D and btw last time I checked we are pretty much all in Aus so we call em sunroofs with plastic slidy thingys (j/k)

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
The Imprezza does not lose out on much cargo space between the wagon and the sedan, unless you like to pile gear to the roof. Obviously if the decision has been left to you between sedan or wagon the priority of having a wagon is not so important.
The view out the windscreen is the same, the driving and handling are the same so to me it would come down to what is the next priority.
That is the moon roof, easy, get the sedan.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why not wait until the VE models start rolling out over there? They proved to be alot safer then WRX's and have quite a bit of room and a V8!!

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Why not wait until the VE models start rolling out over there? They proved to be alot safer then WRX's and have quite a bit of room and a V8!!

A V8 in the SNOW and on two wheel drive - I don't think so!!!!
That would be quite unsafe for his family. I think Subaru is 4 wheel drive so it would be more safe.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Minux...you sasy some pretty stupid things at time man....I think thats one of them. LOL

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
A V8 in the SNOW and on two wheel drive - I don't think so!!!!
That would be quite unsafe for his family. I think Subaru is 4 wheel drive so it would be more safe.

How is it unsafe, ESP, trac control etc, you do not need a 4wd in the snow.

. said:
Minux...you sasy some pretty stupid things at time man....I think thats one of them. LOL

What is so stupid about it? VE's have ESP, ABS, Traction Control etc and proved to be much safer then Subaru's in tests, i'm not a fan of VE styling, however, credit goes to them for the safety features.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Minux, when was the last time you drove through snow? I've driven plenty of Chargers and 300s through the snow and no amount of traction, ESP and VDC can perform better then AWD in the snow. Trust me man, I'm livin' it right now.