Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iChris' VR Statesman

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Check the loom running under the center console, next time you have it apart, something's probably unplugged to not let the rear puddle lights and centre console light work.
The power is from the interior light loom, so because they are working, it's probably the ground. Maybe the console light is unplugged? or the loom connector is unplugged (near the handbrake)

Some things to check. Shouldn't be too hard to get it working.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
yeah I'll take a look when I have it all out next. the front cigarette lighter is out right now (i needed to fix the wire underneath and haven't put it back in yet) but the lights stopped working long before that and the console bin and bottom glovebox lights have never worked. the switch in the top glovebox was dodgy and not turning off so I removed the globe for that.

the dome light and rear spotlights work, as do all of the door lights and front footwell lights.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Check up near the ciggy lighter for the loom that runs to the power window switches.
There should be another loom next to or near that that's for the console and puddle lights. Has a small orange/black cable and white cables in the loom. The bigger (fatter) wires are for the power windows.

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Yeah, check these cable/plug that stockies suggestion.

I really hope it is unplug, so you all just need to plug in and it work again :)

You saying interior light work and rear spot light is work, hmm something happen on console light, must be cable or unplug, I hope it is easy job, not too hard.

corey95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS HBD S2
hey mate you wouldnt happen to work around champion drive in kelmscott would you?

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes, you probably have seen my cars about that area. I don't work there though.

corey95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS HBD S2
okay always see a vr or vs with elanors outside the tattoo place

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, I get tattooed there often. That's why you've seen it. I've also got a silver WK statesman.

corey95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS HBD S2
oh yep i work on gilliam drive just around the corner use to have a silver vs statesman now i have a black vx ss

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
just a little update on the VR. it's been having a few battery issues, loose earths and flat batteries. I'm confident that it's all straightened out now. as of late she's only been getting used a few times a week. my custom plates (uliekthis) are getting transferred to the WK and I will be also taking the wheels and a few other stereo bits for the WK.

Last edited: