Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots around us

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
This was sent to me by my uncle, thought it was good for a laugh :rofl2:

IDIOT SIGHTING No.1
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the girl a £5 note.. Our total was £4.20, so I also handed her a Twenty pence piece. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but that way you can just give me a pound back. 'She was puzzled and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the 20 pence and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.'
The girl then proceeded to give me back 80 pence in change!
Do not confuse the staff at MacDonald's.

IDIOT SIGHTING No.2
We had to have the garage door repaired. The GARADOR repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute and said that we had the largest one GARADOR made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Madam, you need a 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, "NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two."

We haven't used Garador repair since. Happened in Moor Park, Nr Watford UK

IDIOT SIGHTING No.3
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the local town council office to request the removal of the "DEER CROSSING" sign on our road. She said the reason was: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

Story from Potters Bar, Herts, UK

IDIOT SIGHTING No.4
My daughter went to a local Kentucky Fried and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From South Oxhey. Herts. , UK...

IDIOT SIGHTING No.5
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an Irish airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge"? To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?"
He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'
Happened Luton Airport ... UK

IDIOT SIGHTING No.6
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged co-worker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.. Appalled, she responded, 'what on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
She is a Local County Councillor employee in Harrow, Middlesex, UK

IDIOT SIGHTING No.7
When my husband and I arrived at Our Local Ford dealer to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
'Hey,' I announced to the Fitter/Mechanic, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know.. I have already done that side.'
This was at Ford dealership in St Albans, Hertfordshire UK.

STAY ALERT!
They walk among us, and the scary part is that they have the RIGHT TO VOTE and to REPRODUCE!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I got stuff like the 1st one all the time. Went to Hungry Jacks a few weeks ago, total came to $12.20, I gave him a $20 note and $2.20 in change, he then proceeded to stare at it for about 1 minute (no kidding) before realising the till could work it out for him. Thing was, it wasn't some young kid, this guy looked about 18 years old. If they are the future, we're screwed.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
about #1

I asked a customer once if he had the change so I can give him his money with no change
he just said " I gave you more than enough " looking puzzled at me !

I DID quit my job that day

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
same thing at macca's walk in get 2 large double 1/4 pounders with bacon forget what it came to but i gave the chick the exact amount with all the small change i had sitting around.... and i get 5 dollars back not sure how that works but i wasnt complaining

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I always give extra if it works out i can minimise the silver coins i get back (or gold). All the ones around here seem to understand what the extra coins are for.

Although i had one where i paid for petrol with a $50, and got $44 dollars change (the petrol was $44)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yeah i've never had trouble with people not knowing what to do with extra coins, however there was this one time at dan murhpy's where i went to buy about $130 worth of alcohol. i gave the lady $80 in notes and as i was watching her put it in the register i realised i had left out $50. embarrassed, i held the $50 in my hand ready to give it to her, but then she took $30 back out of the register and gave it to me and told me to have a nice day. now totally confused, i walked out of the store and looked at my receipt. she somehow entered into the register that i gave her $80 twice. so i walked away with $130 worth of alcohol for only $50. win :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I always give extra if it works out i can minimise the silver coins i get back (or gold). All the ones around here seem to understand what the extra coins are for.

Although i had one where i paid for petrol with a $50, and got $44 dollars change (the petrol was $44)

yeah its useful for the guy at the register at times. the majority of people buying stuff just give 50s and the tills start to run out of coins quite fast. giving them more coins lets them get rid of excess notes and fills up the coin trays. always helpful, unless theyre standing there for 5 minutes trying to find an extra 20c and holding up the queue

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
yeah its useful for the guy at the register at times. the majority of people buying stuff just give 50s and the tills start to run out of coins quite fast. giving them more coins lets them get rid of excess notes and fills up the coin trays. always helpful, unless theyre standing there for 5 minutes trying to find an extra 20c and holding up the queue

Yeah I hate that. When I work at the TAB sometimes, I get customers who put their ticket in, with full knowledge of what it will cost them, then after I tell them the price they dig their hand into their pocket and whip out a massive amount of change and proceed to count it out. $5 in silver makes me very angry because the next few customers miss out on getting their tickets on, and they get shitty at me.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yeah I hate that. When I work at the TAB sometimes, I get customers who put their ticket in, with full knowledge of what it will cost them, then after I tell them the price they dig their hand into their pocket and whip out a massive amount of change and proceed to count it out. $5 in silver makes me very angry because the next few customers miss out on getting their tickets on, and they get shitty at me.

I'm a firm believer that every business that deals in sale should have 2 lines, standard easy line, and head**** line. Head**** line should charge a premium to have to deal with you. Said person in your story is head**** line guy!

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
Although abit of topic, my girlfriend works at maccas herself and gets a discount of 20% if we purchase stuff from any maccas in NSW. We were at one maccas and we were using her card and complety screwed over this young girl. I ordered a XL coke (they use to do them dont no bout now) and gave her the correct amount of money. She proceeded to give me back more then half of what had given her. I paid 55c in total.