Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

idiots on freeways

brad15

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss commordore
I have only had my vy ss for only 3 months so i took it for its first long run on the weekend down to Canberra and it went like a dream. Three things happened that made me laugh or shake head. Just outside Sydney an ss ute comes flying past me followed by a xr6 turbo ute racing each other. The ss turns off and I endup catching up to the xr6. About ten minutes later I go to overtake him and as I get beside him he looks at my car, then me, then he floors it so I shake my head and laugh.

Coming home I came up behind a green p plater in the fast lane who doesnt move over. I get in the left lane to overtake her and shake my head telling her to get in the left lane. 5 minutes later she comes flying past me while giving me the finger.

Now to the last one. Just outside Sydney I came up behind a BMW. He starts speeding up then slowing down. He did this for awhile until he finally gets in left lane. I look at him as I go past him and again I shake my head and laugh. He then starts tailgating me for a few ks then he backs off. The whole time I sat between 115 and 120kms the whole time only seen 1 cop so thats my rant for the week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Welcome to owning a commodore - Haters gone hate.

I noticed when I first got mine, ricers overtaking you for no reason. People pushing past when to lanes merge, getting the finger when you overtake people. There is a real bad stereo-type out there for commodore owners

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Happens to me 5 days a week from melbourne to geelong and back. Does my head in, sooo many morons.

I refuse to forced to speed, if I'm legally in the right hand lane (ie, overtaking people) then the knob behind me who wants to speed can't suck it up and wait til I can merge to the left hand land.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
I get the occasional subaru/Nissan ricer boy trying to give me a run in newcastle driving home from work.
Never ceases to.amaze me why these small n/a 4 cylinder 1800/2.0 motor ricer fan owners want to take on a light, very quick cammed v6...
I enjoy driving my car , I dont thrash it, nor race it on the street, have a bigger motor, the car looks nicer and sounds nicer than theirs... I dont need to prove anything lol or risk getting a fine on the police filled roads in the afternoon.

I lol hard when they rev the guts out of their cars, hit the next red light to stop and I come cruising by at normal legal speed, not thrashing or revving the guts out of it and catch up to them hahahaha

Al

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Oh and yesterday getting the occasional slu7bag screaming out in a ratty voice "oh f%&?ing holden mate , aussie aussie aussie!"

..yeah you sure make Australia look good sweetheart...

Yuck.

Al

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Happens to me 5 days a week from melbourne to geelong and back. Does my head in, sooo many morons.

I refuse to forced to speed, if I'm legally in the right hand lane (ie, overtaking people) then the knob behind me who wants to speed can't suck it up and wait til I can merge to the left hand land.

cannot agree more.
i drive on average 1000kms a week with about 950kms of that purely on highways/freeways.
damn some stupid stuff happens.

eg those people who decide to change lanes to get ahead of everyone then merge back in (where a lane joins from left, people dive down it, then stuff up flow of traffic)

however coming home during the week. (still unsure who's fault it is and i always thought front gets right of way?)
i overtake a truck on the monash, while doing the speed limit (i refuse to speed)
i look in all mirrors to pull back over infront of truck after leaving plenty of space. also did headcheck and everything. multiple times
so i remember a car was next to truck (doing same speed as truck) when i passed it. turns out he was exactly in the blind spot (in the split second i have looked back forward) that i couldnt see when i go to change back.
i had indicatored to change lanes, which i started moving before him (was in the lane before he was)
so he then decides to tailgate me, and overtake without indicating, then come back infront of me, without indicating and pretty much brake, while sticking up the finger and everything.
im like seriously -.- i made a simple mistake, but obviously i cannot see everywhere at all times and obviously people cannot tell what you (other person) are doing when you do not use things like indicators.
no need to have some massive hissy fit and road rage over it... (mind you he did have the full CFMEU sticker on the back on the car =P... *sigh*)

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
cannot agree more.
i drive on average 1000kms a week with about 950kms of that purely on highways/freeways.
damn some stupid stuff happens.

however coming home during the week.
i overtake a truck on the monash, while doing the speed limit (i refuse to speed)
i look in all mirrors to pull back over infront of truck after leaving plenty of space. also did headcheck and everything. multiple times
so i remember a car was next to truck (doing same speed as truck) when i passed it. turns out he was exactly in the blind spot that i couldnt see when i go to change back.
i had indicatored to change lanes, which i started moving before him (was in the lane before he was)
so he then decides to tailgate me, and overtake without indicating, then come back infront of me, without indicating and pretty much brake, while sticking up the finger and everything.
im like seriously -.- i made a simple mistake, but obviously i cannot see everywhere and obviously people cannot tell what you (other person) are doing when you do not use things like indicators.
no need to have some massive hissy fit and road rage over it... (mind you he did have the full CFMEU sticker on the back on the car =P... *sigh*)

ha yeah, i've had someone do that to me. he was being an absolute dick, tailgating everyone accelerating literally as fast as his car would go, swearing at people, i'm in the right hand land, overtaking, doing the limit - almost slams into me, the proceeds to narrowly miss the cars to the left of me and overtake without indicating (we all thought we were gonna get swiped)

at which point i was over him and gave him the tossa sign lol. that was a bit too much for his ego to handle, he decided to brake test (he was barely 20m in front ) to ZERO at 100km/h , how I didn't rear end him I don't know. Several cars had to swerve and there was a collision because of it , two other cars nicked each other, then he decides to get out of his car - on the freeway and come towards me, my fiancee was in the car so i was like ' bugger that' and swerved out and took off.

Couldn't believe how many lives he put in danger, if only someone cleaned him up :p

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
ha yeah, i've had someone do that to me. he was being an absolute dick, tailgating everyone accelerating literally as fast as his car would go, swearing at people, i'm in the right hand land, overtaking, doing the limit - almost slams into me, the proceeds to narrowly miss the cars to the left of me and overtake without indicating (we all thought we were gonna get swiped)

at which point i was over him and gave him the tossa sign lol. that was a bit too much for his ego to handle, he decided to brake test (he was barely 20m in front ) to ZERO at 100km/h , how I didn't rear end him I don't know. Several cars had to swerve and there was a collision because of it , two other cars nicked each other, then he decides to get out of his car - on the freeway and come towards me, my fiancee was in the car so i was like ' bugger that' and swerved out and took off.

Couldn't believe how many lives he put in danger, if only someone cleaned him up :p

talking about putting lives in danger.
driving at 5:45 in the morn (thats right... in the morning =P)
on freeway, cyclist with all lights and reflective gear is in the emergency lane which is legal on this particular road.
person in i would presume stolen car, otherwise they are the dumbest green p plater ive ever seen.
dives down into the emergency lane while speeding (doing atleast 130+) narrowly missing the cyclist (which would have been an instant fatality)
just to consider hooning off at 130+ (no it wasnt a commodore ok)
i have no idea why they did it, but im spewing there were no police around....

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Funny; the above has never happened to me. However, the VX is pretty inconspicous (white equipe, no mods or loud stickers), the VB just *commands* respect lol.......probably when they see the VB they expect to see a grizzly old bugger pottering along, by the time they see youthful me its too late.