Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Information regarding centre caps.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
A mate of mine (not fond of computers and hates going online so I'm doing the asking for him) had all the centre caps on his Evoke sedan pinched in the shopping centre carpark. He's very pissed off about it but doesn't want to spend the money parts suppliers want for the full new set. Instead he's been told to buy generic centre caps and then look for stickers made to go on the caps. I Googled for him and I know that the Holden lion stickers don't exist BUT the HSV stickers do...they are 56mm in diameter. What he wants to know is what is the diameter of the centre cap hole? I tried to measure mine and came up with 60mm but they are hard to measure precisely. Does anyone know? Thanks in anticipation.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Unfortunately I have only extra problems rather than solutions … but if you can somehow test before you buy, that’s best, IMHO. My aftermarket alloys have a hole which measures exactly the same as the OEM caps, yet due to their shape they don’t quite fit properly.

The 56mm stickers are probably about the right for 60mm-give-or-take-half-a-mm centre-caps, you’d want the stickers a wee bit smaller than the cap itself.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If my mate did not wanna spend money on centre caps and did not want to do any research himself...I'd tell him to get stuffed

(On the basis of further context in this thread, the above is too harsh and I retract my view)

I reckon HSV ones will look just fine. Worse case scenario you put a sticker on those. They are cheap enough on ebay by the looks of it...

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Or get him to buy these true blue ones...and yes...they are 60mm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-094705_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-094705_Chrome.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 117

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If my mate did not wanna spend money on centre caps and did not want to do any research himself...I'd tell him to get stuffed

But you were doing lots of research here for one of your mates around speeding tickets..... :p

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
How low is this…
A reason why I don’t put the red centre caps on mine just in case some lowlife walks by and does this. And probably stupid enough to use something sharp to lever it out and leaves marks all over the rim too. :(

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
But you were doing lots of research here for one of your mates around speeding tickets..... :p

I never said it was a mate :)
Started of as non-disclosure only ;)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Some people prefer originality, no matter if it is a base model or not

Obviously not in this case as they're buying stickers.
Go back to the hole you crawled out of and leave me alone.