Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Infractions and member responses.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
No off-site threats or abuse for me. Which is amazing. Have been in some very heated debates. I can only assume that those I pissed off were able to get over it maturely.
I have been infracted (?) twice on other forums though for either using foul language, or violating site rules.
I have heard of some very ugly things happening in the car scene over petty disagreements.
Like in Cowra, pop 10,000, one car club splintered into 3 because people weren't willing to sort things out.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Been there done that, I remember having a member from here call me and start abusing me over the phone. 5 minutes later had a new phone number, didn't cost me anything.

I've copped some great threats from my Facebook pages also.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84719/Screenshot 2014-05-25 18.26.23.png

And yes the infractions always stay on your account.

Screenshot%202014-07-01%2019.11.34.png

While the infractions stay on your account , some don't expire , my one and only (so far ) , infraction I think lasted for a month for inappropriate conversation .

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
On the flip side, I've made genuine and really good friends though online forums. I like to think the positive aspects heavily outweigh the negative ones.

My closest friend I met on a VR4 club website, there are great people that you would have only met online, but then there are wankers too.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I feel so left out :( for the 6 years that I have been a mod on another car forum I have only had two threats.
One was to come and kick my teeth in, hell even gave him my address, sadly no visit. People these days just don't seem to want to follow through with anything.

The next was the best one. Had some want to be legend, inventor of everything, had worked everywhere, RMIT, HRT, Holden Yella Terra, NASA and something called the carrot patch.
He sent me a drawing for some round K frame spacers, nothing special, just round alloy with a concave and a hole drilled through them. No one was making any at the time so I had a run made based off his picture. Even still have the PM where he said to get some made.
Yet a few months later after I told him to pull his head in for being a knumpty f**k on the forum, I receive a PM from him telling my he has contacted his lawyer and was going to sue me for stealing his intellectual property!

Again, unfortunately, I am still waiting for his lawyer to contact me.

That was probably the most fun I have had on a forum in years!!!!!!!

I would like to post the PM's but they total about 12 pages of dribble!!!

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
:mods:
Bloody hell hak i didnt know word got out about the sex offence :p

Obviously a joke, please dont ban <3

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
People take the interwebs way too seriously. It seems the younger generation are the worst offenders. Takes big balls to abuse someone over the net.

I have received one infraction, inappropriate conversation I believe it was. I don't really care. A warning from a faceless name on a computer really affects my life....not. But having said that, I have met some really nice people on here and other forums that I would call friends. The way things are going, people are living more of their lives online and it is a really big deal to some.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I personally think that most members here anyway are mostly well balanced , but a handful are not , getting face to face abuse I can easily deal with , inter web abuse doesn't faze me either , but I can totally understand why some take it to heart what I can't understand is why people make it their duty to abuse and bully . Perhaps it's a generational thing .

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
People take the interwebs way too seriously. It seems the younger generation are the worst offenders. Takes big balls to abuse someone over the net.

I have received one infraction, inappropriate conversation I believe it was. I don't really care. A warning from a faceless name on a computer really affects my life....not. But having said that, I have met some really nice people on here and other forums that I would call friends. The way things are going, people are living more of their lives online and it is a really big deal to some.

You're right about that. The mods on here to a good job putting up with all the rubbish, seems all too common these days especially the young kids for people to absolutely loose their **** over very little, dramatise everything, take it personally etc. People like that just need to be removed, they ruin excellent communities all the time, thanks to the hard work of the mods it hasn't ruined this site.