Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Infractions and member responses.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Case in point with Facebook. I recently joined a buy and sell group with "Racing" in the title as I was looking for specific go fast bits for the LS1, this group was just an ordinary buy and sell with nothing "racing" about it. I made a comment about the fact that there are only daily **** boxes and general rubbish for sale and nothing racing at all, only to get abused and told to leave the group as it was only a "name".

Now, if I changed my business name to, say, Southwest Tattoos but only still sold exhausts, how successful do you think I would be?

There are a lot of internet warriors out there, anonymity gives them courage, but they tend to be the ones most affected when it is directed at them.

Reminds me of the video of the kid totally going ballistic over some game.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Case in point with Facebook. I recently joined a buy and sell group with "Racing" in the title as I was looking for specific go fast bits for the LS1, this group was just an ordinary buy and sell with nothing "racing" about it. I made a comment about the fact that there are only daily **** boxes and general rubbish for sale and nothing racing at all, only to get abused and told to leave the group as it was only a "name".

Now, if I changed my business name to, say, Southwest Tattoos but only still sold exhausts, how successful do you think I would be?

There are a lot of internet warriors out there, anonymity gives them courage, but they tend to be the ones most affected when it is directed at them.

Reminds me of the video of the kid totally going ballistic over some game.

Lol. FYI here's a good ls1 buy and sell group on fb: https://www.facebook.com/groups/439266982822701/

All you can really do is sit back and be amused.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Been there done that, I remember having a member from here call me and start abusing me over the phone. 5 minutes later had a new phone number, didn't cost me anything.

I've copped some great threats from my Facebook pages also.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84719/Screenshot 2014-05-25 18.26.23.png

And yes the infractions always stay on your account.

Screenshot%202014-07-01%2019.11.34.png

LOL, at citizens arrest. If some muppet tried to lay on me and say I was under citizens arrest I would sock them and it would be on.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've scored a couple of infractions for Admin abuse and member abuse. Remember both pretty well - I hadn't been long on the forum and an admin posted something which personally offended me. Shot one back immediately (which was deleted pretty quickly) with a few words of my own. Not the smartest move. Ah well, live and learn. Strike One.

The member abuse was simply telling a tool of **** off home if he didn't like living in Aus. He'd been whinging about God knows what and I suspect he'd annoyed more than just me. Strike Two.

Those members who go way overboard after getting infracted probably suffer from monumental frustration that the only way available to retaliate is to be as offensive as possible on the keyboard. I know there have been times when I have become engaged in a thread which has caused me some annoyance, so I figure it's time to pull back, and perhaps end the issue by finally saying on the thread "enough." Not worth blowing poofle valves just because some stranger disagrees with you.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have been infracted and banned a few times. Never thought of abusing the mods and admin though. Not sure what people think it will achieve.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Simple solution , you don't know the person who's being abusive , they don't know you either , so why should anyone care what they think or write . The person being abusive clearly has some issues about god knows what , anger , not being hugged as a child , having a small penis , if they do have personal problems most times they are just venting and the internet forum is their release valve .