Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Invisible Top Seller

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
the world can only handle so many racing series with Commodores.

and now there will be none because the new Commodore is a pile of crap.

Here lies the problem....The general public see some cars as absolute crap, not worth watching etc etc...I see it as a weekend, where people can go out, have a thrash around, with similar cars and enjoy a beer or 2 with their fellow competitors after the meet....The general public can also go to the meetings and enjoy a day out, watching the racing, with the family, regardless of what is running around.

It's attitudes like this, as to why weekend racing like this seems to be dying off and kids want to plonk their butts in front of a square box.

WMagicman

Reaction score
Website
www.mcarbrokers.com.au
Members Ride
WM Statesman
If I ever had to part with either my XR6 Falcon or VX II Commodore, and buy a new small car for local trips and shorter runs, the Hyundai 130 SR Auto looks the stand out buy.

I have been looking to bump a (male) owner in a car park and ask what he thinks of it. The problem is, I have not seen one in the flesh on a Sydney road for the past 6 months.

This is strange as the i30 is close to Australia’s to selling sedan, 3rd in May with some 2800 sold.

Are these all the base model 2 litre i30 ( still an excellent car )

Why the lack of SR sales ?

Apart from not seeing an i30 SR in the flesh, I have not seen an Elantra SR either !

Is it the big jump in cost over the base 2 litre i30 ?

About $6,000 to $8,000. Is it the Dual clutch transmission.?

Ford sold very few FGX Falcons, but I see plenty of them on the road.

I cannot find an Australian Hyundai internet Forum to put the question.

Love to hear any informed comment.

G'day Peter,
A mate's son just took delivery of an i30 SR and he loves it, great bang for your buck. His previous car was a WRX and he told me the other day he doesn't regret buying the Hyundai one bit.
Cheers,
Andrew.