Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there any point for a v6?

06vzcalais

Reaction score
if you are going to bother go the full exhaust system was in a shop this arvo pace maker have released a new system for the alloytech v6 sound smick, a V6 will always sound ricer thou, but it offers decent power gains they have a new crossflow thingy which eliminates droning

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
i have a twin 2.5" cat back, i like the sound of it, but i want it louder, the guy who did my install has a vz aswell, hes got huricane extractors, stainless steel highflow cats and the same 2.5" system as me, his sounds mint! better than any ecotech ive heard, best option is to find another VZ with a sound you like n head the same direction. from what ive read on here, if you get a full system and a VCM tune, it can give some decent power increases, thats definetly the direction ill be heading when i get the money together.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
At around 2,500 3,000 mine drones like crazy. But just as it reaches 3,000 and beyond it's sounds wonderful :p But mine is not an Ecotech.

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Is there any point putting extractors on a v6 to start with and if so much gains?

Not really. If you want power, consider a V8.

According to redbook

VY SS - $15,700 - $18,000
VZ EXEC - $10,100 - $11,600

So if you save up all the $ you would spend trying to make the V6 go faster you could buy a V8 in a couple years :)

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Can anyone put up some vids of their exhausts? i want to hear the good notes people may or may not be getting.

cheers

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
Not really. If you want power, consider a V8.

According to redbook

VY SS - $15,700 - $18,000
VZ EXEC - $10,100 - $11,600

So if you save up all the $ you would spend trying to make the V6 go faster you could buy a V8 in a couple years :)

yeh thats the plan mate..stick to the vz for another 18 months and then look into buying a v8..at the moment it's lowerd, dark tint and some aftermarket wheels..was just thinking of getting an exhaust so it sounds like ur driving instead of the quite haha..was gunna have big plans for the 6 but ive seen the light and weighed up pros and cons of owning a v8 and in my eyes the pros outweigh the cons.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
To answer the title topic of this thread:

NO!
Reaper

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
pft the exec is a excellent car to tune up and do mods too.......... u can get off the line faster then a v8 with the right setup........ the v8 will catch you tho :D

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
Man you real love your VZ exec ey??