Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good Price?

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
wrx884 said:
hmmm could b but seein as it sounds better now 4 some reason i dont think ur retarded comment would b true................. so get ya hand off it mate pulling ya pud isnt wat u should b doin on here
Much thought went into that,well done wrx884...........so guess I'll b in touch on here.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
If you can hear a difference with and without Dacron thn the box wasn't built properly or to the corecct size. Henceforth...your sub could sound a lot better.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
no worries point taken tho box was built 2 the specs of the pioneer sub so i dunno how else u coulda built the box ne better i used 16mm MDF used epoxy resin and screwed (pre drilled) then sealed each join up with silicon i am a cabby myself and if u have a better way 2 make the box better ur help would b considered and taken in 4 future references??? box isnt ported either its just a standard box

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
If the dacron makes the sub box any better its not built correctly to the specs of the subs. And when you say cabby, do you mean a cabinet maker?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yes cabinetmaker and if the box aint built 2 the specs then the specs must b wrong on the information sheet it all comes with.......... i didnt use 18mm as it was only 4 1 sub and nothin 2 over powerin so 16mm was enough 2 do the job plus it was left over material from a job 18mm isnt cheap 4 such a small box

but in sayin all this the sub sound great now so i cant complain if its wrong or not its doin its job.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
no worries point taken tho box was built 2 the specs of the pioneer sub so i dunno how else u coulda built the box ne better i used 16mm MDF used epoxy resin and screwed (pre drilled) then sealed each join up with silicon i am a cabby myself and if u have a better way 2 make the box better ur help would b considered and taken in 4 future references??? box isnt ported either its just a standard box

The 16mm MDf is to thin and DACRON would be a requirement if only using 16mm. To reduce the resonance of the cabinet you would need to increase it to almost inch thick MDF

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
You should be able to get some inch thick MDF off the back of the truck should'nt you?,why bother with the shitty scrap crap.

Last edited: