Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Islamic values are superior to ''flawed'' Western secular values"

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
man the bible was writtin in a pub for sure...just for shits and giggles lol

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
:rofl: Your comparing the middle ages to now?

Oh noes they did it 1000 years ago it is ok for us to do it now.

Why does it matter when it happened?
Human beings are just as intelligent as they were 1000years ago.

You should do some reading about the Sumerians. They had a fairly similar social setup to us, although they ceased to exist about 2000 years before the birth of christ IIRC.

Point being, We're inherently the same as we were 1000 years ago. Now days people just use different excuses to persecute each other. Frankly I think its insulting to be fed BS and expected to think its all different to what its ever been.

P.s, For the record the inquisition lasted untill the mid 1800's (1100 -1846 IIRC)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
the world would be a better place if oil didn't exist, if money didn't exist, if drugs didn't exist, if marriages didn't exist, if child custody didn't exist, if guns & bombs didn't exist, if racial intolerance didn't exist, if people with different beliefs to our own didn't exist, if humans didn't exist..... there will always be extremists of ANY cause. You can try to ignore it as much as you like, but bottom line is, over 80 million people were killed in 2 world wars, and thousands more die every year from non-religious motivated violence, not because of religion, but from greed, intolerance and the quest for power. Hell in some countries people turn to violence, riot and even kill each other when their soccer team loses a game...

Violence is in our nature.... some more than others. Fortunately the majority of us have enough self-control to contain it. And unfortunately there will always be extremists of many causes (religious and non-religious), who can't. Take away religion, and the same wars will still happen, there will simply be another 'cause' used as an excuse to justify the actions.

Nice post, fully agree.

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
Don't like it Muslims? How bout you #### off back to your own country...How does that sound? Seriously what makes them think they have the right to escape their country and then dictate how we should have our society.

This makes my blood boil. I'm sick of this. I think this sums up my opinion quite well

- "Welcome to Australia, Accept our values or get out" ~ Peter Costello

i think i might get a sticker saying that quote ha

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
lmao @ the whole religious crap. Some person writes a load of nonsense in a book, claims god told him to write it and now the bible has millions of followers. Biggest con of all time :p

Before you start rubbishing something as nonsense, maybe you should do a little research into the topic first. Not one person wrote the bible, many people did.
And I don't recall any of the authors claiming God told them to write it.

Either way, religious beliefs don't necessarily equate to following a bible, koran or whatever. For the record, I have my own Christian beliefs, however I'm not some sort of blind follower as you seem to suggest. In fact, I disagree with many of the church's beliefs and practises and generally alienate myself from the 'church' side of Christianity. I believe the bible is only intended to be taken figuratively. In my opinion, in many cases it consists of stories intended to convey a message. But everyone has their own beliefs & interpretations, some do take the bible literally - I can respect that, providing it doesn't impose on other people.

If we all respected everyone elses beliefs (religious & non-religious) the world WOULD be a better place, unfortunately that's never going to happen - as demonstrated by your reply and several others in this very thread. And I'll admit, I'm just as guilty as anyone else here.

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I just love the smell of religious fights in the arvo.

Get a real religion. go Scientology :rofl2::rofl:

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
well religion is an excuse for war, if there wasnt religion they'd make something else up. and the only reason the let boat people in is cause of little dumb ass' say "aww ya can't send them back, even if tax payers folk out millions for them to live here", and same thing with religion, i remember when they wanted a Muslim state, and australia told them to fuck off, but theres still those ass hats that thing we should be second to immigrants (as in the realy annoying ones that want everything for nothing).

also im not racist, im just telling you's how it is.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I was using it as an example. I am well aware that quite a few people supposedly contributed to the bible over a vast distance of time and I think you need to do some research yourself because it is in there that it is 'god who is the author of his book'. I think you will also find that the bible was changed by the church around 300ad to suite them.

I find it hilarious that people base their lives on something that you say was supposedly written by supposedly 39 blokes. For all you know it could just be some bull crap story that one person wrote and then passed on to others and then they added their part as well. All the bible is is a piece of fiction that people take too seriously, same as every other religious nonsense.

For the record I'm not some person who is ignorant to what is in the bible and Christian teachings etc. I was raised in a very religious household and I managed to come to my own conclusions about god and all the nonsense my family still base their lives around. If you ask me its insane to ask me to believe in some 'almighty' person that has always been there and created everything.

Btw I have never said I don't respect other religions. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and I respect that, but I am also entitled to my own beliefs which just happen to be that all religion is mindless nonsense.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Everyone is entitled to their own religiong until you enter Australia, then we have to change to suit other people that have come here just to appease them, so bottom line............no one has their own religion when we have to conform to other peoples religion.......

And yet here we are arguing about other peoples beliefs.

We have to abide by other countries religions and laws and rules when we visit them, so why aren't people abiding by the rules, regs and religions of Australia?

Want to practise Muslinism (or however you spell it), then do it in your own house behind closed doors and don't force our schools to change their rules and regs just to accomodate your religiong, coz it's not more important (or less important) than anyone elses, and no one else is forcing the schools to change their rules and regs.