Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

issues, drama's

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
righty o, read this thread very very carefully, this post only ofcourse you dont need to read every reply

seems we may be a little bit out with a few things.

im a resonable type of bloke i like to think that i do moderate and control people fair. im the worst for letting t hings slide, and i know i dont exactly follow the rules myself half the time (sometimes i do things before it gets' bad)

now, im also open to comment and views also.

does anyone here wanna see the current rule system tightened up? or loosend a little bit. if someone calles someone a tosser is that worth a ban?

your view's a needed guy's and galls. type yoru responses here, or your view's. but do not attack moderater's directly. attack what they do, but dont put names to actions and dont make it obvious, dont make it personal against other members, its' not about them, if you have issues with members pm me about that also. i want examples as to where we are falling down
you dont need to reply to this thread, if you wanna put your 2 cents out there, but dont wanna be known, feel free to pm me
if you act responsobly it will be delt upon
if you carry on like kiddies you will be delt with. the choice is yours
your privacy is guarenteed, and the info will be kept with me (if pm'd)

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Ok, well....

All I really have to say is, I get the feeling personal issues between mods and members can sometimes get in the way or a moderators decision on some topics/situations. But I don't think thats something that can be fixed. Thats just a part of the way humans are.

Extremely harsh punishments are being handed down for things that really don't deserve such a harsh penalty.

And a lot of it is us members bringing personal issues in to threads, and a lot of us do it, we just don't realise half the time. It's not fair for us all to point the finger at the mods, and accuse them of not doing their jobs, because they are. I just think that sometimes personal feelings can cloud ones judgement.

We as memebers have to accept some responisbility here too. Some of us going fishing for a bite and don't give up till we get one. And more often than not, it's gets outta hand into a full blown **** fight. Thats when the trouble starts.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i think it should be tighted to a degree but i also think that that special consideration should be allowed for people who post a lot to help other people with their commodore reslated issue, but for plain wankers that say your mums a ****ing slut then they shold be shown the door asap

maybe you should have a commitee of people who arnt necessarly moderators but people who visit the site every day and who post well to discuss the issue and dicide whether or not a person should go.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Funny you should mention that JD regarding a group of people who aren't mods, I just popped up that idea myself in not soo many words. I actually do have a couple of people in mind which would be perfect, a real hard arse and says it how it is with no bull.

It's a difficult situation to handle, someone pushes someone's buttons and that's it you have it in for them, I guess the hardest part of being a mod / admin is working out that fine line of what sort of punishment is dished out if any.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I think that current moderation is excellent, despite the fact that personal opinions can get in the way. When they do, the system is in place to deal with that... members instead decide to create a thread complaining instead of following the proper procedure.

EDIT: Should probably elaborate on that...

Current mods, like all people, have their moments, but usually they are due to disrespect for the forum and for the work they do for free and in their own time. If members would just follow the correct process, then everything would work out. I have had disagreements with moderators before, and sorted 100% of them amicably. Anything a mod can do that you can't can be either revoked or justified further if you just send a PM to another moderator, or site admin. That is why mods always suggest you send a message to admin... It is not a fob-off, its to encourage everyone to follow proper process.

Last edited:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
tighten it up, ive had unnecesary negative rep left by a member and i was powerless to do anything about it because of the opinion that if i did something it was "because i have powers and dont like the person".
True, i think the person is a waste of space but i gave them the chance to explain how i deserved it and didnt get a reply.
i dont think people realise how much crap we put up just so as it doesnt become a bigger issue where mods and admin are abused.
For the record i never deleted that rep comment, because it proves that A) it isnt my right to do so and b) proof that the person isnt particularly valuable.

In fewer words, tightening things up will save us being in these positions.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Funny you should mention that JD regarding a group of people who aren't mods, I just popped up that idea myself in not soo many words. I actually do have a couple of people in mind which would be perfect, a real hard arse and says it how it is with no bull.

It's a difficult situation to handle, someone pushes someone's buttons and that's it you have it in for them, I guess the hardest part of being a mod / admin is working out that fine line of what sort of punishment is dished out if any.

thats why a commitee is such a good idea if one commitee member has something against the person in question he still has to sway a few other people befoere the person gets banned.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Keep it simple is often the best way.
Keep personal attacks out of this very valuable service.
My 2 bobs worth.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i just wish mods could personally see some of the PM's i get from certain people off this site, but i guess that's why it's called "private".. right? thankfully, i don't send abuse regarding people's personal appearance or beliefs.

but nah, anyway, the system is good, i don't think people get banned for silly name calling (like some keep saying). mods are fair, it's obvious they look at their history and other things they have said, total it up, something has to break it.

nuff' said.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
keep them comming guy's remember, you can pm me if you wish. it doestn have to be a public responce, but please do read my original post at the very top, very very carefully