Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

issues, drama's

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
ok, i know i said this in a PM but ill say it again.

mods should have a way of viewing PM's (therefore the truth can be seen and people can be stopped from making up crap and sending it to a mod).

but only if a member feels it is nessecery, in a serious case of abuse etc.

personal attacks on appearance or threats, instant and permanent ban

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
mods should have a way of viewing PM's (therefore the truth can be seen and people can be stopped from making up crap and sending it to a mod).
We do have a way of viewing your pm's, but it would mean surrendering your account over to us for access.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
i just wish mods could personally see some of the PM's i get from certain people off this site, but i guess that's why it's called "private".. right? thankfully, i don't send abuse regarding people's personal appearance or beliefs.

but nah, anyway, the system is good, i don't think people get banned for silly name calling (like some keep saying). mods are fair, it's obvious they look at their history and other things they have said, total it up, something has to break it.

nuff' said.

I have heard after speaking to a few female members that they have all received abusive PMs for apparently no better reason than they are female. I suspect a few members on here have a chip on their shoulder R.E. "cars are a guy only thing". After speaking to these few female members, I believe that a tougher stance should be taken against personal attacks via private message.

I actually had an experience like that where a former member would send me messages that were downright abusive and it was fairly obvious they were not prompted in any way. I simply kept the message history and forwarded to a moderator. The user was then banned and I have not seen them since.

My experience was a positive one, but I hear that this is often not the case. I would definitely like to see this one toughened up, with abusive PMs resulting in 6 month or longer bans.

Last edited:

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
I have heard after speaking to a few female members that they have all received abusive PMs for apparently no better reason than they are female. I suspect a few members on here have a chip on their shoulder R.E. "cars are a guy only thing". After speaking to these few female members, I believe that a tougher stance should be taken against personal attacks via private message.

I actually had an experience like that where a former member would send me messages that were downright abusive and it was fairly obvious they were not prompted in any way. I simply kept the message history and forwarded to a moderator. The user was then banned and I have not seen them since.

My experience was a positive one, but I hear that this is often not the case. I would definitely like to see this one toughened up, with abusive PMs resulting in 6 month or longer bans.

well said, i would agree to this.

i got told by someone off a cruise i organised "why the ... dot dot dot dot are you driving a commodore? i would have thought a girly barina would be your thing".... hahahah i still laugh at this.

but yeah, i agree on the 6 months ban thing for abusive PM's

oh yeah i'd let a mod into my account to see my PM's lol

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Rather than surrender an account, the PM can simply be forwarded to mods/admin. I have done this and they get it just the same as they would if they were to go into your account.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I think the current moderation is great, but the banning of some members is a little over the top when there are other members more deserving of it.

Juzza may have had his issues on this forum, most of which I have no idea about...But I do know he contributed a fair bit to this forum as well. But in the end, it was obviously his choice to push the envelope too far with admin. But there are several members of this forum who provide NOTHING useful, do not help other members and simply just bag other people, cause arguments and stir ****. The people that do this but do NOT provide anything useful should be banned, because there is no need for them here on this site. But there are people that do cause a few arguments by sticking to their beliefs and maybe being a little crude about it but at the same time they still add something to the fourm, and help other members and so deserve a place on this forum... .

I think some moderators need to loosen up a little bit as well. Jokes and humour should be fine (not meaning the power ranger issue here as that went too far). But receiving infraction points for making a clear joke is crap and it annoys the **** out of me. The forum needs to be entertaining as well as informative if its to remain as popular as it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I would love to see it tightened up, i would also like to see threads that promote illegal activity instantly removed. For me i am sick of hearing the same old i did a burnout and got caught i hate coppers they did this they did that, we do not need to hear that crap.

I also agree that calling people tossers should be a warnable offence 3 strikes and wham, however, i think at times it is merited.

Starting hate clubs by leaving positive rep to give power to others to leave negative rep, instant IP ban.

JC is a car forum, to discuss things about cars, mods, trips, that kind of things, i do not wish to see in VT-VX forum how someone got pulled over and defected for being a tool.

Tighten the screws and lets see the JC of old, where people who DRIVE outnumbered people who were 14-16. :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ill be the first to admit I often go off half ****ed or let emotion rule my decisions, which I plan to try and over come.
In our defense some of you at times seem to forget we are normal people just like you all, we have bad days at work, money issues, family issues, etc which sometimes reflect our choices. These choices then turn to negative ones when you spend your free time running the site for members who we don't charge, and have to sift through 12 pages of crap. All I would ask is in future if you don't like a decision fire off a PM to any of the admin, mod or email [email protected]
I feel the rules need a revamp, and the punishment system to be more clear cut (ie: infractions, warnings, ban's, ect).
AirStrike :air:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Rather than surrender an account, the PM can simply be forwarded to mods/admin. I have done this and they get it just the same as they would if they were to go into your account.
The problem with that is they can be altered before forwarding.
At present surrendering the account is the only 100% way.
AirStrike :air:

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I for one don't fully understand the infraction system. I haven't really read much about it. Maybe a locked sticky explaining that and what is and isn't tolerated at the top of this section would be good?