Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
vladimir-putin-eating-popcorn.jpg
Hadn't thought of him becoming prime minister of Australia. They will most probably pick a local.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I bet ol' Vlad is enjoying the sh¡t show :D

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My thoughts are that Labor will lose more credibility if they elect Albanese as leader.
Labor have been pushing the gender equality ( read female preference ) for a long time. Plibersek has been deputy for how long ? And they are now going to promote a man as leader over her ?
Can’t happen. The feminazi media would have a field day with that, and Labor will lose more votes to Greens/Animal Justice/Raving Looney Party in next election.

I am looking forward to another round of political party infighting, backstabbing, accusations of fault and responsibility, all in the name of party unity and solidarity.
Good point mate. Yes, the equality bit is a problem.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
My thoughts are that Labor will lose more credibility if they elect Albanese as leader.
Labor have been pushing the gender equality ( read female preference ) for a long time. Plibersek has been deputy for how long ? And they are now going to promote a man as leader over her ?

Well, I'll be farnarkled with a feather! Plibersek has just ruled herself out of being the ALP Leader of the Opposition. Potatoes too hot to handle ????

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
And tonight's news tells us that Shorten is attempting to hinder Albanese'nomination. Isn't this the party that has been boasting of unity for the past six years? Sounds to me like Shorten, aided by the unions and extreme left of the party, have kept the screws on anybody speaking out against the party. Albo has already stated that the party needs to pull away from such strong leftist leanings and return the party to its roots. Joel Fitzgibbon, the Hunter local member, who held his seat but copped a huge loss of support, has also indicated the need to revisit the party's basic tenets.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Confused i thought Labor was a left wing party, that's why they were calling them a one stage the "new right", because they were becoming too much like Liberal.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
In reality - The ALP repeatedly accused the LNP of moving to the radical right. There certainly was the biggest gap between the 2 for the first time in 20 years though. The movement was the ALP moving a long way left.

So right now it's Albo putting his hand up and already starting to pave the way to dump a heap of policy starting with the franking credit oldies tax. Will be interesting times to see what else goes and also how Plibersek and if Bowen the architect of so much could pick himself out of this train wreck.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I reckon Bowen should keep a very low profile for a long time, but he won't. Too arrogant to ever accept that he was the architect of so much that was unacceptable to the electorate. He was an absolutely useless Immigration Minister, did nothing noteworthy as Treasurer and thought he could achieve a multitude of changes to the way our economy works and achieve an even larger surplus than the Libs. We'll, he was the only one who did and the public didn't buy it.

Last edited:
M

mwb235

Hopefully Jim Chalmers runs, but the labor left is more powerful than the labor right, so even if he does he prolly won't win.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Typical... Create a financial addict and supply the meth (loans/currency). Want to leave, stop the drugs, leave it strung out. Just like the prostitution business model.

%%%%

Greybull, British Steel's private equity owner, and a consortium of the firm's lenders managed to assemble a rescue package worth £30,000 ($38,000). The only problem is the funds were contingent on a match from the UK government. But the money fell through at the last minute as ministers judged that it would violate EU rules.

The deal's biggest proponent, Theresa May's business secretary, Greg Clark, will now need to explain why he approved an earlier £120 million ($152 million) loan to help British Steel meet an EU environmental bill, but can't save the company from bankruptcy.

As the FT explains in a video, the earlier bailout was required because under its previous owners, British Steel had used the EU's system of carbon-credit trading to raise money by selling excess credits then covering its short position at the beginning of the following year.

But this year, the EU ruled that since the UK is leaving the bloc, its companies don't deserve any more credits, leaving the company on the hook for a massive bill.

Unions in the UK have demanded that the government do something, while Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn warned on Tuesday that the collapse of British Steel would be 'devastating'.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...lmaker-collapses-bankruptcy-iron-prices-climb