Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I was being facetious. Fancy complaining about the land tax on a significant property holding (that is not a ppor) and expecting sympathy.

It’s a bit like someone complaining about how high their children’s private school fees are, or how much overseas holidays cost these days. It’s a bit like a humblebragging.
I have zero issue paying land tax. Part and parcel of it.
The issue is paying exuberant amounts to account for poor governance.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I have zero issue paying land tax. Part and parcel of it.
The issue is paying exuberant amounts to account for poor governance.

Nah I do, when I buy my land I don't want to pay tax.
We should become a republic, and when we do we should own that land for life, not pay tax and have the right to be kicked off it even though you pay tax.
I pay tax on my income and GST why should I pay them more?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I was being facetious. Fancy complaining about the land tax on a significant property holding (that is not a ppor) and expecting sympathy.

It’s a bit like someone complaining about how high their children’s private school fees are, or how much overseas holidays cost these days. It’s a bit like a humblebragging.

There is a fair argument to reduce land tax on properties offered for long time rental which could easily be mandated to be passed on in full by regulation & enforced by the ACCC keeping both property managers and owners on the hook a - la chain of responsibility regulation in the transport industry.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I see the stage 3 tax cut amendments made it through the senate which is good to see. I think it was quoted as around an extra $30 odd dollars a week for the average person.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I see the stage 3 tax cut amendments made it through the senate which is good to see. I think it was quoted as around an extra $30 odd dollars a week for the average person.

Was annoying hearing the opposition whinging Albo lied with these cuts, when he said everyone would benefit, rather than a few...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Was annoying hearing the opposition whinging Albo lied with these cuts, when he said everyone would benefit, rather than a few...
I think the changes were the right call.
I also think Albo lied since he said multiple times he wouldn't be making any changes.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

The issue is though Airstrike, that now it has passed there will likely not be another chance to curb bracket creep in 10-20 years.
So if inflation carries on our pays should rise, this means we will just be paying the government that money back plus extra on top.
I think the median wage is 80k now, it was 50k when I was growing up, I don't think it would be stupid to see it at 130k in 15 years time, that's a lot of extra tax dollars for the govco.

We are taking a sugar hit now to just get shafted later on.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I think the changes were the right call.
I also think Albo lied since he said multiple times he wouldn't be making any changes.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I don't see why he couldn't just come out and say they were planning it back in December, he's a weak little pretty boy.