Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Surely they can be ejected for conduct from that singular sitting? I wasn't talking about removing her permanently (as much as I think that would be for the best).
Oh, ok. I thought you were talking about removing her permanently. Lord knows we would all like that option!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
While I agree with your sentiment I don’t think that’s how parliament works. Can’t just boot someone from it until the next election.
There are two issues here for me. Why were there so few people there and why didn't they close the meeting earlier.

Having had a read of the rules of conduct they took the first step in disciplining her. Whether or not they go any further who knows but I hope so.

No question in my mind though, she is a nutter.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There is no argument he went back on his promise. That like the racism in the referendum it's not opinion, just fact. Weather it is justifiable or not is an entirely different thing.

He should have either made the call and kept his promise in tact and given something over and above or came clean, acknowledge he said this in the past but changed his mind and now we are doing something different.

Personally I would have found the money cutting one of many bullshit programs and ran with option #1 above. No broken promise and delivered to the masses.

I see it as a "last minute" change.....Probably had advisers tell him, best he include everyone, otherwise he'll be persecuted at the next election by those that didn't get included in the cuts....

And yes, plenty of other ways to find money, but they don't

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why were there so few people there

Having watched some sessions of question time recently I wonder what the hell we pay these people for. Most of them don’t even bother turning up and the place is half empty, or more.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Having watched some sessions of question time recently I wonder what the hell we pay these people for. Most of them don’t even bother turning up and the place is half empty, or more.

There dining allowance has been slashed, so they won't turn up.... :D

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

It's not that simple.
They all get a brief of what is going to happen that day.
The staffers are always watching what is happening, just because they aren't there doesn't mean they aren't hearing what's happening.
They're always off doing stuff, they usually don't finish to late, so it's 4 days of full on work then back home then back again for another 4 days, then back to the electorate for a month.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not that simple.
They all get a brief of what is going to happen that day.
The staffers are always watching what is happening, just because they aren't there doesn't mean they aren't hearing what's happening.
They're always off doing stuff, they usually don't finish to late, so it's 4 days of full on work then back home then back again for another 4 days, then back to the electorate for a month.

Ok. Still a far cry from the old days. When I watch old footage of Paul Keating tearing strips off the Liberals the place was packed.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride