Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
When I was at uni the split for engineering was 99% blokes 1% females. Nothing stopping them but most women I know aren't/wouldn't be interested in my line of work and visa versa with my thougts on their chosen industries. Nothing wrong with that, but the whole quota nonsense is just rubbish as with the 'gender pay gap' where key infomation such as hours worked, qualifications and actual roles are overlooked to create a problem which generally speaking isn't there in Australia at least.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I worked for a mining company (one of world's biggest) where basically if you were a white anglo saxon male, you could pretty much guarantee that your career would stall.

Targeted promotions to increase gender targets, half yearly gender pay gap reviews etc etc. Expressed interest in an internal role and was told its females only and they would only consider males if they really couldn't find anyone for it.

End result is always the same, grossly inexperienced or unqualified people promoted to management or leadership roles. Once they munt that particular department they get transferred somewhere else for another go. However, companies can't or won't accept the fact that in a technical field like engineering, unless there is 50/50 male and female going to uni and completing engineering degrees, this gender diversity bs will never work.

That being said, one of the best graduates I ever had was female. One of the rare ones that did the hard yards before getting promoted.

Yep, and a lot of companies are starting to realise that their grunt workforce, who funnily enough is usually male as the women don't want that job, won't listen to a female that has no idea.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yep, and a lot of companies are starting to realise that their grunt workforce, who funnily enough is usually male as the women don't want that job, won't listen to a female that has no idea.

There’s plenty of males in management roles that have no idea as well! Having said that it seems that the quota system they are pushing will just result in women ending up with the prime roles.

If a company has to “improve gender diversity” and the women won’t train up to be the “shitkickers” in sufficient numbers then there is no choice but to give more women the ”cushy” roles and keep men down in the “shitkicker” roles.

Which is hardly fair and equitable at all as women then get parachuted into prime roles instead of working their way up into them.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Nice to see the government has its priorities right. :rolleyes:

How about only awarding government contracts to companies that actually pay their fair share of tax? Too much government money goes to foreign multinationals based in the Cayman Islands, etc for tax purposes and pay zero taxes.

Better still let’s only award government contracts to Australian domiciled companies so A) the money stays here and B) they can’t cheat their tax like multinationals can.

Nope, let’s make government contracts contingent on women not getting paid as much as men. :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/society...cts-katy-gallagher-national-press-club-speech
Blackmail based on flawed data.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I see male chauvinistic tendencies are alive and well.

I've seen many great managers and supervisors and just as many bad ones (if not more) in all male environments where the only females are in "traditional" jobs.

I'm against quotas but don't give woman a bad rap either, they have a different perspective on things. Seen bad female managers too but basing the assumption on the sex of the person is just plain wrong.

We had a female apprentice at work, she was better than many of the male apprentices before her.

For some reason or other, I tend to find that **** floats, right to the top of management. I guess kissing ass still gets you places.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
As the Liberal party says "We need to have the best man for the job", explains their policy well. Mr Potatohead has continued the tradition.
I have struck narrow mindedness my working life, both with exclusion of wimmin and bad treatment till they leave. All you sexist misogynistic blokes have it down pat with the usual statement like racist do, "I'm not a racist but......."
For the little dick brigade "I'm not a misogynistic sexist but............."

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
As the Liberal party says "We need to have the best man for the job", explains their policy well. Mr Potatohead has continued the tradition.
I have struck narrow mindedness my working life, both with exclusion of wimmin and bad treatment till they leave. All you sexist misogynistic blokes have it down pat with the usual statement like racist do, "I'm not a racist but......."
For the little dick brigade "I'm not a misogynistic sexist but............."
Seems old farts and anti LNP 'cash for comments' go hand in hand.
Are you blokes on a flat salary or is it a per comment rate?

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Hairstrike, because somebody thinks for themselves and has an opinion different to your own you think they have to be payed for it? Is that what has been happening the last 30 years on talkback radio, all you born to rule mob have been ringing up and putting up your right wing agenda?
Seems old farts and anti LNP 'cash for comments' go hand in hand.
Are you blokes on a flat salary or is it a per comment rate?

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hairstrike, because somebody thinks for themselves and has an opinion different to your own you think they have to be payed for it? Is that what has been happening the last 30 years on talkback radio, all you born to rule mob have been ringing up and putting up your right wing agenda?
More the fact that the two ‘old fart’ user names always manage to weave an anti lnp comment in even when it’s not the topic at hand.
As for talk back radio, do people actually listen to the drivel?