Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
There is a note printing facility in craigieburn https://www.noteprinting.com/

"Printing more money might seem simple but it leads to massive inflation through the currency becoming weaker in domestic purchasing power" Absoluuuutely correct and that IS one of the problems ...

One of the other dangers is banks just cheating and ramping up the supply on their screens ... just adding it to their balance sheets is easier for them .... they don't even need to physically print notes ... why do you think they want to go cashless? I doubt its because they care about us ...
There is a note printing facility in craigieburn https://www.noteprinting.com/

And how easy it is to flog a million https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...d/news-story/d28c909adad6b5d6f3fadb99a9722493

"Printing more money might seem simple but it leads to massive inflation through the currency becoming weaker in domestic purchasing power" Absoluuuutely correct and that IS one of the problems ...

One of the other dangers is banks just cheating and ramping up the supply on their screens ... just adding it to their balance sheets is easier for them .... they don't even need to physically print notes ... why do you think they want to go cashless? I doubt its because they care about us ...

If you think cash has anything to do with money and how it works you truly are deluded. Please do me a favor, I'll even send you the bloody book, if you agree to read it.

I suggested that you read the book because the explanations within it are far more eloquent and comprehensive than I could do justice to, and I don't wish to simply cut and paste someone else's work pretending it is my own.

If you don't want the electronic text version I can send you an audiobook version. But I will stop short of sending you my paperback copy or spending my money on buying you your own copy, because at this point, I have no respect for you, and you none for me.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Do you really believe that the banks print money? Our currency is printed at the Government mint and is the only body authorised to do so. The amount of Australian currency active within the economy is strictly regulated by the Treasury. Printing more money might seem simple but it leads to massive inflation through the currency becoming weaker in domestic purchasing power.

On that, what gives the Authority to print the Currency? Is it a Bond at the people expense in a form of Taxation?

As an example, the US Fed Reserve that is no more federal than FedEx are the ones printing the cash at the people expense in a form of Bonds. Just a big snowball of debt hell. The US has some that nobody has and is the World Reserve Currency. We just pawn off the debt to other nations (Bond Sell). That is why we give cash away to other nations as a form of aids/loans. we do not want that crap on our shores. Hyperinflation will be the result. Some world nations are ditching the USD (De-Dollarization) and if nobody take USDs, so the World Economy goes.

Sadam wanted to ditch the Dollar for Euros, you know the rest of the story, same with Muammar Al Gathafi with the Gold Dinar.

The Russians and the Chinese are buying Gold, why? Easy, is a confidence builder. The USD is held by confidence the US will pay with another Dollar, that is nothing more than a Bank Note. If everybody declines it, will go to the true Intrinsic Value of ZERO. So... the rest of the globe that have USD as a backup Currency will go down, what about the ones pegged by the USD.

Last edited:

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
If you think cash has anything to do with money and how it works you truly are deluded. Please do me a favor, I'll even send you the bloody book, if you agree to read it.

I suggested that you read the book because the explanations within it are far more eloquent and comprehensive than I could do justice to, and I don't wish to simply cut and paste someone else's work pretending it is my own.

If you don't want the electronic text version I can send you an audiobook version. But I will stop short of sending you my paperback copy or spending my money on buying you your own copy, because at this point, I have no respect for you, and you none for me.

OK please explain how cash has nothing to do with money ...

Please feel free to cut and paste his work ... im sure there is an electronic version online for you to access ...

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
He said, "fond of American dollars" you can't even get the goldfish version right?

FFS. You missed his point completely.

Are you fond of American Dollars? You'd say no?

Am i fond of dirty money?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

Please explain how cash has nothing to do with money ... because according to Milton Friedman (The Fed is loaded with Israelis) cash has a lot to do with "money"

Please feel free to cut and paste Harari's work ... im sure there is an electronic version online for you to access ...

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
OK please explain how cash has nothing to do with money ...

Please feel free to cut and paste his work ... im sure there is an electronic version online for you to access ...

Cash is simply a token of trust. Trust in the future, which is what money, credit and growth are all about. There is only a small percentage of cash in circulation compared to the amount of money in play.

I am sure there are plenty of electronic versions online too.

Here's a link to my copy.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Cash is simply a token of trust. Trust in the future, which is what money, credit and growth are all about. There is only a small percentage of cash in circulation compared to the amount of money in play.

I am sure there are plenty of electronic versions online too.

Here a link to my copy.

So if cash is simply a token of trust ( i do not agree i think it is a very simplistic view and a meagre understanding) what do you think going cashless will represent ... what will a cashless society be worth?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL