Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Do you believe a word those pos say Its proven they will say and do anything to expliot money from our government. Tell them to f*ckoff they have stolen enough from Australia .

Exactly. They are just pissed that their gravy train of highly profitable lard arse SUVs is going to be reigned in. Ford basically doesn’t sell anything else in Australia except the Raptor and the Everest.

A lot of those vehicles are only bought because of the tax dodges implicit in them. My work does this exact thing for its work vehicles. All our reps vehicles are Everests or Raptors with a single occupant in them when in ye olden days we used to run Ford Falcons or Holden Commodores.

“The temporary full expensing policy allows the purchase of new business assets, including motor vehicles, to be claimed as an immediate and full one-off tax deductible expense. This is capped at about $60,000 for passenger vehicles, but there is no limit to the deduction for vehicles that can carry a one-tonne payload.

The other incentive, the loss carry back tax offset, works together with the temporary full expensing policy, and means if the purchase of a new vehicle creates a net loss for a business then the loss can be applied to previous years’ profits to reduce the tax already paid on previous profits – resulting in a cash refund or reduced tax liability.

Additionally, the Grattan Institute has raised concerns that two other tax perks – the instant asset write-off scheme and fringe benefits tax – offer greater concessions for vehicles that can carry more than one tonne.”

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-13bn-extra-at-the-pump-per-year-report-finds

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Do you believe a word those pos say Its proven they will say and do anything to expliot money from our government. Tell them to f*ckoff they have stolen enough from Australia .
Are we even paying any subsidies anymore with no local manufacturing?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
A lot of those vehicles are only bought because of the tax dodges implicit in them. My work does this exact thing for its work vehicles. All our reps vehicles are Everests or Raptors with a single occupant in them when in ye olden days we used to run Ford Falcons or Holden Commodores.
The issue is you don’t have many options now days outside of SUv’s and dual cabs.
My wife wants a new car, has a FGX atm and wants similar, unless you want to spend big money on a high end euro there are basically no large 4 door sedans with decent power like we all used to drive.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
her kids broke into their house to steal her Drugs
That is a side effect of doing nothing where did the drugs the children got addicted to come from in the first place.
I know plenty about that subject a few of my cousins did the same to their parents it wouldn't have nothing to do with the fact they were sh*t parents and ultimately taught their children to trust no one ? 1/2 a dozen members of my family were lost to drugs or suicide. They raised sh*t children unfortunately when you rat your children out why would you expect them to trust you or come to you when they need help? The parents all spent a lot of time at work and were rarely there was the common factor in case of my cousins.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The issue is you don’t have many options now days outside of SUv’s and dual cabs.
My wife wants a new car, has a FGX atm and wants similar, unless you want to spend big money on a high end euro there are basically no large 4 door sedans with decent power like we all used to drive.

If only the government wouldn’t have been incentivising SUVs and utes for all these years, maybe Commodores and Falcons would still exist. No doubt a lot of people do need utes or SUVs but a lot of people are also incentivised into them or buy them because they have little choice.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are we even paying any subsidies anymore with no local manufacturing?
Not directly to the manufacturers but the tax system provides bigger tax concessions on SUVs and utes.

Funnily enough the Turnbull government promised to remove the grey import restrictions which were introduced to protect local manufacturers but we still have them after the Turnbull government backed down once the official importers complained.

The importers don’t want people being able to bring in cars themselves to cut them out of their exorbitant margins.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Well I was drunk as a skunk when I posted it, so there’s that. I‘ve put something a bit more light hearted in its place.
Ah, a collective of drunks on this forum. So refreshing to hear!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If it’s a covid debt repayment plan why aren’t the ones who received the funds repaying it?
View attachment 264613

So is the added land tax the only way your government is trying to recover covid costs or are there other means so the cost is spread equally amongst the population?