Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
how do you explain all of the FBI (agents?) in the jan 6 riot egging on the protestors

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Again, putting words in my mouth, and you think you're inteligent.
When did I say anything about the prod boys or anyone else?
I was talking about Trump.

You really love to twist the narrative like a snake.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I am criticising the words coming out of it. You've twice claimed the events at the US capitol incited by Trump weren't an insurrection. I showed you the definition of insurrection and bolded the part that led to the conviction of some of the participants who were convicted, including the one who smashed in the window using a shield taken from a police officer. Among those convictions were seditious conspiracy.
Now, I understand the relationship between sedition and insurrection and also that conspiracy involves more than one person, and also that there are laws that define legal boundaries and limitations to making those claims and risks to bringing charges within courts. Do you have any clue? I doubt it. I do know my IQ precicely and that it has three figures. I suspect yours has two.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm not putting words in your mouth, I am criticising the words coming out of it. You've twice claimed the events at the US capitol incited by Trump weren't an insurrection. I showed you the definition of insurrection and bolded the part that led to the conviction of some of the participants who were convicted, including the one who smashed in the window using a shield taken from a police officer. Among those convictions were seditious conspiracy.
Now, I understand the relationship between sedition and insurrection and also that conspiracy involves more than one person, and also that there are laws that define legal boundaries and limitations to making those claims and risks to bringing charges within courts. Do you have any clue? I doubt it. I do know my IQ precicely and that it has three figures. I suspect yours has two.

Okay, so Seditious Conspiracy, yep some people got prosecuted for that 100%.

But, how does that account to insurrection?
Lets say one person tries to stop the government and storms the capitol building and makes it down the hallway, under your interpretation of the wording, that means there was an "insurrection".
In my view that was always going to be a failed attempt with 0% chance of success, so in my interpretation there has to be a level of success present, which there was 0 on that day.
It shows by how many prosecutions there have been, the small amount of prosecutions of illegal participants shows there was a low number of people involved in the illegal activity.
Thus in my interpretation of the word "insurrection" there was never that threshold of possibility met.

Again, I don't care so I will stop responding to this little word you lefties cling onto like a thong in a offshore typhoon.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Actually at that time it was an interim government, and I believe the control of the capital building and security was under democrat control in the interim as they held the house and speaker position.

No such thing as an interim goverment under the normal operation of the US democratic republic constitution. The outgoing administration maintains control during the "lame duck" period of transition until the peaceful transfer of power to the incoming president and his/her administration.
The two sergeants at arms of the House and Senate and the Capitol Police are responsible for day to day security at the capitol building. The sergeants at arms each report to the House and Senate leaders. That would have been Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi.

Any more blatant displays of pig-ignorance to air today?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The premier house in Wellington, that is the Prime ministers residence that they say is in need of renovating. That's the one Luxon is coping flack over is due for renovation. The same one that Ardern lived in without complaining. They are talking about $30 million to renovate the house and grounds. I'm at a loss as to how a renovation could cost that much. Would have to be something better than gold plated toilets

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Okay, so Seditious Conspiracy, yep some people got prosecuted for that 100%.

But, how does that account to insurrection?
Lets say one person tries to stop the government and storms the capitol building and makes it down the hallway, under your interpretation of the wording, that means there was an "insurrection".
In my view that was always going to be a failed attempt with 0% chance of success, so in my interpretation there has to be a level of success present, which there was 0 on that day.
It shows by how many prosecutions there have been, the small amount of prosecutions of illegal participants shows there was a low number of people involved in the illegal activity.
Thus in my interpretation of the word "insurrection" there was never that threshold of possibility met.

Again, I don't care so I will stop responding to this little word you lefties cling onto like a thong in a offshore typhoon.

FFS, can't you use google? I've already provided the definition for insurrection.
sedition /sĭ-dĭsh′ən/

noun​

1. Conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state.
  2. Insurrection; rebellion.
  3. The raising of commotion in a state, not amounting to insurrection; conduct tending to treason, but without an overt act; excitement of discontent against the government, or of resistance to lawful authority.

It is easier to prove sedition in an American court than insurrection, but once proven the terms are virtually interchangeable. In the same way as in E Jean Carroll's civil cases against Trump he was found to have sexually violated but, because they were in New York under New York legal definitions, not technically raped her as he only got several fingers inside her vagina and not his little mushroom penis.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Nancy Pelosi had the opportunity and authority to deploy the capital police or national guard that day. Trump had them on standby knowing there would be a protest.

As for the blm/antifa, they burned down a church and threatened an invasion of the Whitehouse during one of their "peaceful protests".
Remember when Trump took a tour of the Whitehouse bunker?

Lies.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
i am sure i read somewhere that trump advised the state police prior, that he was going to call for a march on the capitol building after his speech
anybody who forced entry to the building committed an offence
trump did not storm the building or call on anyone else to storm the capitol building
it is inconvenient that the original speech in its entirety, unedited seems to be nowhere to be found