Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Ford was going to pull the ranger from Australia.
How is killing the ute market in Australia a good idea?
How are we going to import tradies but have no utes to sell them?

Read my comment again. Did I say it was a good idea or a bad idea? Just making the point that lobbying behind the scenes normally determines what happens, not whether it’s a good idea or not.

Realistically we are the outlier by not having a fuel economy standard and I think the proposal is for us to copy the US standard that the US has had since the 1970s.

The US still has utes so maybe having the US standard isn’t as bad at the chicken littles want to make it out to be?

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Companies like Ford prioritise their production & distribution. Australia is a small market they probably won't even bother with.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
And?
So your answer to that is to sit on your hands and hope?

We are already too late if we want to do something about global warming. We are meant to be net zero by 2050 and any nuclear option would have barely been delivered by then.

This should have been a conversation we had when John Howard was in power and instead he banned nuclear power in Australia.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
We are already too late if we want to do something about global warming. We are meant to be net zero by 2050 and any nuclear option would have barely been delivered by then.

This should have been a conversation we had when John Howard was in power and instead he banned nuclear power in Australia.

So if it's too late, why have we destroyed our industries by going green?
Look at our nickel mining, that is the most recent green move that has now been destroyed by Indonesia.
If it's too late I guess we should fire up the coal plants.

The answer is, it's never too late, the world isn't going to implode, and people like you spreading fear are part of the problem.

What we need in this world is clear smart level headed people making moves to improve our planet instead of sticking their heads in the sand, or the reverse like Casanova Bowen who is destroying our economy with brash uneducated nonsense.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
It’s okay! Kia are making a Ute.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Ford aren't the only supplier of utes in this country

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Any ideas where the nuclear waste is going to be dumped?

Plenty of options there. Of course a disposal facility has to be built but it's not a big ask to do in parallel with the reactor build.

I can't be bothered chiming in. There's no such thing as a "small nuclear power station". The one they're building in the UK will generate 1 gigawatt of electricity & costs $78 billion to build (so far). The brainfart that Peter Dutton has sold you is a research project

Yet you did. Should have taken your own advice because you just look stupid. SMR's exist and are operational in China and Russia. Of course they don't fit your narrative so I understand why you would discount them. Unfortunately for you it doesn't change facts.