Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Ford aren't the only supplier of utes in this country

So if you had have listened to the interview I posted last week in this thread about nuclear, you would know it's not waste and can be re-processed.

Also as part of the AUKUS deal we have store the used fuel from the submarines, so my guess would be at the same facility ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So if you had have listened to the interview I posted last week in this thread about nuclear, you would know it's not waste and can be re-processed.

Also as part of the AUKUS deal we have store the used fuel from the submarines, so my guess would be at the same facility ;)

How long does the fuel last in a nuke sub? How often is it changed? How much fuel does a nuke sub have compared to lets say a nuclear power plant?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So if it's too late, why have we destroyed our industries by going green?

What industries have we destroyed by going green? If anything we’ve destroyed businesses by making our own fossil fuels hideously expensive for our own use!

https://www.afr.com/companies/energ...gas-strife-despite-price-caps-20240102-p5euqs

Look at our nickel mining, that is the most recent green move that has now been destroyed by Indonesia.

What has Indonesia flooding the nickel market got to do with the green economy? Making our nickel green gives us a point of difference against Indonesia so surely that’s a good thing?

If it's too late I guess we should fire up the coal plants.

Or we could build solar turbines and wind panels which have a lot shorter lead time than nuclear power plants!

The answer is, it's never too late, the world isn't going to implode, and people like you spreading fear are part of the problem.

What fear am I spreading? Unless you’re scared of facts I fail to see what “fear” I’m spreading.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
SMR's exist and are operational in China and Russia.

We’ve been over this before. Pointing to an edge case to justify your point is just clutching at straws. Authoritarianism also exists in Russia and China, should we import that too?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What has Indonesia flooding the nickel market got to do with the green economy? Making our nickel green gives us a point of difference against Indonesia so surely that’s a good thing?

Coz the process being used in Indonesia is far more damaging to the enviroment than that used in Aus.

However, given that it results in a cheaper price to the purchaser, many purchasers are jumping at it.

So yes, there is a point of difference....Aus product is more expensive.

Also shows any "green economy" purchasers are hypocrites.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Plenty of options there. Of course a disposal facility has to be built but it's not a big ask to do in parallel with the reactor build.
I agree there are plenty of options but finding one that people aren't going to jump up and down about is another problem in itself....

I did mention one site that was suggested but a heap of people jumped up and down not wanting it there, even though it was used as a nuclear test site previously

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The stuff you post up is one eyed...You never ever post up anything unbiased, so I don't bother looking at your youtube links

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coz the process being used in Indonesia is far more damaging to the enviroment than that used in Aus.

However, given that it results in a cheaper price to the purchaser, many purchasers are jumping at it.

So yes, there is a point of difference....Aus product is more expensive.

Also shows any "green economy" purchasers are hypocrites.

I know. But Shane is implying that Indonesia has “destroyed” our nickel industry because we are green and they aren’t.

Green nickel hasn’t even started being produced yet so it’s jumping the gun to say Indonesia has destroyed something that doesn’t exist yet.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did mention one site that was suggested but a heap of people jumped up and down not wanting it there, even though it was used as a nuclear test site previously

That’s what I don’t understand WRT nuclear waste disposal. Why not use land that’s already contaminated? Why contaminate land that is currently uncontaminated?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That’s what I don’t understand WRT nuclear waste disposal. Why not use land that’s already contaminated? Why contaminate land that is currently uncontaminated?

Your guess is as good as mine.....

I just remember a big stink being kicked up, when Woomera (which was a nuclear test site back in WW2) was suggested as a nuclear dump site.....