Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nuclear waste has a lot of stigma attached to it and at the end of the day, why store someone else's waste? what is in it for you?

But ultimately, we shouldn't be storing that ****, we should be re-processing it and then re-using it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
about 15-20 million packages of radioactive waste are transported around Australia every year, truck, car, rail, yet no one complains about that in the public as i think most wouldnt even know

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I was involved in a drilling program nearly 20 years ago in the Pilbara when the geophysics company lost one down a drillhole, from memory it was 200-300 m deep. These capsules are lowered down the hole on a wireline for a range of geophysical measurements.

The **** went down massively. Basically the entire exploration team was stood down until this capsule was recovered. It took two weeks and involved carefully over-coring the original hole.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Latest Resolve poll reveals Albo and Potato Head both have negative net performance ratings.

Poor fellow my country.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah they are.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I was involved in a drilling program nearly 20 years ago in the Pilbara when the geophysics company lost one down a drillhole, from memory it was 200-300 m deep. These capsules are lowered down the hole on a wireline for a range of geophysical measurements.

The **** went down massively. Basically the entire exploration team was stood down until this capsule was recovered. It took two weeks and involved carefully over-coring the original hole.

I understand why.
But it's not like we couldn't overturn some dirt and find a natural reaction.
It's happened before.

I assume it was a cobalt source, most of the energy would be absorbed into the dirt, but I guess people are people.