Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Shirts, hats.. etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
IMO i don't think they would have any issues with you guys putting a holden logo on shirt or stubbie or whatever. Then again what would i know :whistling:

Your opinion is very wrong. Companies copyright and trademark products, logos, pictures, designs etc. for a reason. No Company will pay to undertake the process then turn a blind eye if people start using them unauthorised.

I decided to hit the Holden site and under the FAQ the question is posed:

Can I use the Holden Logo or Holden pictures for my project, website etc? How can I get a Holden Logo to use?

Answer:
Please be advised that you are required to obtain permission from Holden prior to using the Holden logo or images. As such, we advise that you read the Holden Brand Enquiries information or you can send an outline of your request to the address below.

Legal Department
Holden Ltd
PO Box 1714
Melbourne VIC 3001

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yep, some companies have been known to go to extreme lengths to protect their brands. Large companies invest massive amounts of money into establishing their brands, and they don't want other people capitalising on that expense.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
wow, this topic is back up again. ok, ill put the hat back on and try to remember what i came up with as a suitable option for back in the day of jcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccqqqq

1. you can use the photo of a car in your shirt, the car how ever must not display a copy righ immage, i.e. should you take a photo and it has a full frontal of a holden logo, then thats not cool, but should it have a side on view and you can see the external outline of where a badge would be, that is fine.

2. the word justcommodores is copy righted to the owner of this website, darren has put a copy right on his property, it has been discused before ages and ages ago that he wouldnt mind if the name just commodores is used on a shirt or a design, but a small amount of profit from the shirts would be nice to be handed to him in a good gesture, a contribution to help run this insainly heavy bandwidth website.

3. was discused ages ago, that the way the shirt log was to head, (it was a majority vote on this one) it should be a original design, very similar to what has already been done on this page of this thread.

4. the words, holden, drive on, are a trade mark of holden, holden owns the image associated with that trade mark, i.e. the lions head, so to use the name holden, or drive on, is not a good idea.

5. minux likes to wear high heals, and is realy a girl on the inside, julies real name is bruce.

6. further to number 1, the photo used cant be a full frontal photo, should be a side on photo, or a half frontal, i.e. show bonnet and fender, or rear end and quater. and providing you only see a small amount of the logo (no-more than 36% of original design, and providing it doesnt have a similarity) you should be fine.

i should realy dig up the leters i did and received from these guy's about this. i know they are here, just a matter of finding them.
if people want i will put the call out for those who have tallent and skill to get some designs happening. put them up, have a vote, put them forward to use for a chat and a look, ill get them aproved, and get shirts made.

but i realy like the idea of a original design, the name justcommodores in a original design, cause we are original.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Maybe time for another logo comp garth? :)

I'm sure some tikes around here have the necessary know-how to get something decent put together.

Further to the profits going back to the site idea, I would suggest an "official" purchasing point be established, possibly linked to donating member status (eg, you buy the donating member package, which gives you the green name, plus a mug and t-shirt or whatever). That way the money goes where it should, and it's an added incentive to support the site.

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
I think a polo shirt with the logo on one of chests would best suitted to the legal restrictions

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
more coming

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 236

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i have some designs, which i'll post up tomorrow dont have a scanner at home.

need to source a wholesaler for mens clothing for hoodies, my sister can get womens gear, and she can purchase them for me.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i guess some hoodies and some Tee's, if we get a name and contact i can order it all thru my sister.

ok attached below are some quick rough sketches

My 3 Favourites are pic 1, 2, and 4

Last edited by a moderator:

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
^^^ no offence but all of them have the same theme to them. I think the logo should be universally likeable so i don't think the font suits it well at all. The logo should be plain and simple. Just my 2 cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.