Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Got a VE Calais V Sportwagon Help???

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 2010 Evoke
Ok well i have looked at the springs and they are yellow so they are aftermarket??? and i think the VE comes with FE 1.5 not FE2(are the 1.5's yellow or black like the 2's)???

Cheers V

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
a) going by pictures it looks lower than stock.

b) going by spring colour they are most likely King Springs.

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 2010 Evoke
Thanks guys well it looks like i need to get me some new springs, any recommendations,i want to get out of it as cheaply as i can without being stupid,i mean if an extra $100 or two means a vast difference then of course but yeah money is a factor and i guess i just want it(the car) to be a fair bit higher :)

Cheers V

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Did you notice what colour the shocks were, and if there are any labels on them ? It would be worth knowing if the shocks have been changed when they put in the King springs.
Standard shocks are black and if you can get close enough will say monroe on them.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Why not leave it at that height for a little longer to see if you get used to it, enter driveways a little slower etc. It's just that it looks so much better at the height it's at now in your photos.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
Why not leave it at that height for a little longer to see if you get used to it, enter driveways a little slower etc. It's just that it looks so much better at the height it's at now in your photos.

I agree!
I think the current height is perfect. Not too low, not too high.
Just take it a little slower on speed bumps and driveways, my wagon is pretty much exactly the same height as yours and I dont have issues with bottoming out anywhere.

Roscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Excecutive & Ve Equipe Sportwagon
I am betting if you take your mud flaps off it will stop most of the scraping, i have a wagon at standard height with mud flaps and they tend to scrape when driving over speed humps.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually, taking another look at the pictures.... I think the mudflap theory is a pretty good one!
Damn those things hang low (plus they are ugly as)!

Get rid of them mate.