Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Update!

Got a new gear knob as the satin and leather on the previous one was chipping and wearing away.

Now I'm not cutting my palm on the peeling satin and getting smallnblack leather strings on my hand. The new gear knob feels a lot fuller and smoother and isn't an eyesore to look at either!

Got some goodies planned for tax time, so stay tuned.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Nice work man! I need to replace my gear knob aswell as the leather is starting to Come undone, were did u pick your new one up from?

Cheers scott

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice work man! I need to replace my gear knob aswell as the leather is starting to Come undone, were did u pick your new one up from?

Cheers scott

Mine is basically new old stock, but got second hand off a collector. eBay, Holden, HSV and some reputable wreckers came up with sweet f*%k all or were charging through the roof.

If your satin is fine and only your leather peeling, try giving Gary West Upholstery a go on Facebook. Or some of your local wreckers etc.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Thanks mate I will have a look and see what I can come up with! I think mine would be harder to find tho cos iv got red stitching on it not white like yours, might be better of getting to re raped! What did Holden/Hsv want for a gear knob out of interest?

Cheers scott

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate I will have a look and see what I can come up with! I think mine would be harder to find tho cos iv got red stitching on it not white like yours, might be better of getting to re raped! What did Holden/Hsv want for a gear knob out of interest?

Cheers scott

Talk to Gary West, he'll sort you out.

Local Holden wanted like $475 or so, but that was the knob, boot and shaft all together. New Old Stock though and hard to track down.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update time.

Left glovebox hinge snapped slightly awhile ago and gave the glovebox the 'lean'. So ordered a kit consisting of new stop rubbers and hinges.

Simple two minute exercise and inexpensive too. No more leaning glovebox.

Also finally replaced my rear 297 and R8 badges too, as the clear and chrome had started to peel. Eyesore to look at.

Hair dryer. Fishing line. Tee tree oil and soft rag. Wash and dry. Cut and polish. Wax and then alignment and fitment of badges. Quite happy with how they turned out. Time will tell how long they last though.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
So, since HSV didn't release a GTS model in the Z Series and being that the Clubsport R8 was the top of the range until the limited edition SV6000 dropped. I finally decided to replicate the Y Series GTS front end badge styling on my R8, with a well placed and very subtle R8 badge on the front grill mesh insert. And to be completely honest, I quite like it.

Before:

Also replaced the standard green sock halogen bulb in the ignition barrel illumination ring to a white LED. Cleaned down the steering column, covers and fuse panel cover of dust and grime as well. Afternoon well spent I reckon.

I have a few more things on the agenda, so stay tuned!

Thanks for looking!

R

Risky

Lol that's the next thing I can do now for my ute, replace the green sock halogen bulb in the ignition barrel for an LED.

Looks pretty slick now :)