Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenwood DDX7039 DVD Player crached screen, Rockford Fosgate issues

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Hi all,

Two problems:

1)

I've got a DDX7039 Kenwood Double Din touch screen DVD player with a cracked LCD screen (car HU). The screen still works however pressing the screen does nothing with no response. Have to use buttons on bottom of unit and remote to change channels etc and this is getting very annoying. Question, has anyone ever fixed a LCD Touch Screen on a Car Radio before? Fleebay (Ebay) sells a replacement LCD screen for this model, would it be worth my while attempting to replace it? easy or hard fix, any special tools required etc? Basically after any information as the net is actually quite lean on LCD replacements for car radios, no how to's etc and no Youtube clips.

2)

Not related to top issue as occurred some time after cracked screen. My Subs are now playing bass at 3/4 less power. I have two 12 inch Rockford fosgates P2's hooked up in parallel to Rockford Fosgate Mono Amp P300 I think. The amp appears to be working, all indicator lights as usual on amp and no loose leads etc including sub Pos/neg . Leads to battery appear intact and functional. Where should I be looking for issues? Do these amps have internal fuses that could blow etc? All the door speakers are working as normal.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Excuse the spelling mistake in heading

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 1,741
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 841
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,850
Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
1. I've replaced several broken touch panels for a different brand and it's not too hard if you know what you're doing... You need to remember exactly how it comes apart, you need to know where ribbon cables are so you don't tear them disassembling the screen, you need to avoid touching the LCD as it'll be very visible once you reassemble with the new touch panel. I'd recommend you get a quote from Kenwood to have it done by an experienced technician.

Hot-Rod

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Thanks for that. I've already been to an audio store. They said needs to obviously be sent to Kenwood for repairs. They said $99 bucks to send it none refundable with no guarantee they would be able to fix it. Repair cost on top of the $99. Considering the unit is now 4 yrs old it's not worth it in my mind to send to Kenwood for repairs that might cost more then it's worth.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Contact Kenwood directly so the store doesn't get $99 for doing sweet f**k all.

Call 1300 366 635, explain your issue and see what they say.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Bloody hell... $99? I usually tell my customers to buy me a coffee and I'll organize the rest for them.

Hot-Rod

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
1. I've replaced several broken touch panels for a different brand and it's not too hard if you know what you're doing... You need to remember exactly how it comes apart, you need to know where ribbon cables are so you don't tear them disassembling the screen, you need to avoid touching the LCD as it'll be very visible once you reassemble with the new touch panel. I'd recommend you get a quote from Kenwood to have it done by an experienced technician.

StoneX does this look repairable? I am thinking maybe not as part of the LCD screen is showing a black line. Kenwood want to see the unit before quotation. I am thinking maybe it's time for another HU. Pictures added to original posting.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Is that black line obviously pixels out on the LCD? If so, then that'd need an LCD replacement too which is much more expensive than just the touch panel glass.

Sorry for the late reply, I don't usually get on here on the weekends.