Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kms To A Tank Of Fuel

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
evil_monkey said:
im super lucky if i see 400kms to a tank 99 VT exec auto i hardly drive the bastard it sits in the garage mainly

Ahah the bastard? You sound a bit bitter!

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
Toa said:
Only on the back of a tray truck

And you probably still wouldn't get that many!

VX_S_S/C_V6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C V6 SERIES II
car is regularly serviced and in escellent mechanical condition

B

blofly

perhaps try cleaning the maf sensor with some CO contact cleaner I have heard great results from this

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
My god!!! I just have had a very quick browse across all of your posts on this thread and are left wondering what the hell I am doing right!!! I have had the advantage of having driven a VT1 Exec, My Fianc'ees VX1S and my current HSV VY1 R8 and all have come up better than all your stated equivalents (except for 1 or 2) I usually averaged 550-600kms city driving around Melbourne in both the VT1 and VX1S and about 450-500kms in the R8. Highway is better again!! VT1 has done 58ltrs over 730kms (Melb to Adel). While the R8 has done 69 ltrs over 700kms from Donnybrook just out of Melbourne on the Hume to Parkes NSW. (about 9.86l/100km) This included alot of stop-starts and speed limit changes as there are many townships along the way on this road. The VX1S is also looking promising on this track too, will keep you posted on this as I am driving it to QLD in the next 3 weeks. Have only had this car about 2 months so haven't been able to get much data on it, it has done one significant country drive though of about 300 kms, in which it used just under 1/3 of a tank (approx 24 ltrs). Oh by the way, I don't drive gently like an old man around the city either!!

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
DeanoVT said:
well you obviously havent done your research.
98 fuel is not a waste of money. that is only what people that cant afford it OR dont need it say OR just not car buffs

i worked at BP Kwinana for a while and saw a experiment where they got two engines and ran one on 98 and one on normal 91 for over 100,000km.
the results were pretty interesting.

the 98 had way less carbon build up.
the emmission were mininmal on the 98
the power output was slightly increased
.....etc
I bet the fuel economy wasn't good though??? I ran a VT1 Exec on Optimax to Adelaide and barely got there from Melbourne on a full tank, I ran Std unleaded on another and used 58ltrs!! Go Figure!!

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
BerlinaBen said:
On a highway trip using cruise control most of the way I can get close to 1000km on one tank. (Newcastle to Ipswich on one tank and a little left.). I'm not sure if the Berlina has a bigger tank than normal. Trip computer shows this at about 7.3L per 100km I think from memory. With normal driving around town it used to be about 13L per 100km, but lately it is more like 14L per 100km. I always use premium of some description.
All of the VTonward shaped commodores have a 75ltr tank, Can I suggest you use straight Std Unleaded next time you go to Ipswich, I bet it'll be better economy again!

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
webwombat said:
Approx (driving around the city and suburbs) 480 KMs to tank with 20-30 kms left in fuel tank before refueling. Add that together - approx 500 Kms a tank. I have been trialing E10 fuel ( ethanol 10 with 94 octane) - best fuel so far in terms of Kms per tank. I have used various premium type fuels - nothing beats it
I'm with ya Wombat!!!! United E10 all the way!!! Optimax, Ultimate and Vortex98 is crap!!! The best 98 is United's Boost98. My Clubby R8 runs very smoooooth on this stuff!! and more economically too (but I still don't recommend N/A V6 ECOTECs to use it).

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
DeanoVT said:
the kays you boys are saying must all be one highways/freeways.
coz if you getting more that 550km per tank it has to be highway.

my VT 6 as well as mates VX 6 get roughly 500km per fuel tank around town if treated very nicely and i mean very nicely. usually 450km which includes a bit of fun.

thats running Ultimate 98 fuel as well
Deano, running 98 in a N/A ECOTEC doesn't necessarily mean better economy, go search some of my posts and you'll soon see how I know this. By the time you have finished reading them you might just be considering either Reg Unleaded or E10.