Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L98 Starter motor dead

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Hopefully not Mishes Mechanical....Wouldn't give him my push bike to fix
No one I have been going to for over 20 years and the other although I don't go there that often has been in business for over 40 years (same owner) and do good work. I was slim and had brown hair when I first went there and so did the owner. Now he is bald and overweight and I am as gray as anything and ugly,old & fat o_O

And a bastard :cool:

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was trying to think what that Misch's mechanical workshop used to be years ago and then I remembered it was a steel supply business there for quite a few years. The used car yard (many different owners) next to it and Salisbury auto wreckers have been there for as long as I can remember.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just near the airport and there is no slopes I can pull up near. 30mins early and can't shut my engine off. Oh dear.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was trying to think what that Misch's mechanical workshop used to be years ago and then I remembered it was a steel supply business there for quite a few years. The used car yard (many different owners) next to it and Salisbury auto wreckers have been there for as long as I can remember.

Salisbury auto wreckers changed name...The owner got killed in a car crash in the Hills 15 years ago....Did battle on for a bit after his death but died off....Don't think the son/s were too business savy...Has reopened under a different name

Honestly don't remember what Mischs used to be...I spent 8 years working down the road from it back in the early 2000's

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just near the airport and there is no slopes I can pull up near. 30mins early and can't shut my engine off. Oh dear.

Car park at the airport? It is multi story...Might get lucky and push it near the ramp to kick BT into life

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Car park at the airport? It is multi story...Might get lucky and push it near the ramp to kick BT into life
I'm on the top storey now on an exit ramp. I'll have to move if someone comes.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Salisbury auto wreckers changed name...The owner got killed in a car crash in the Hills 15 years ago....Did battle on for a bit after his death but died off....Don't think the son/s were too business savy...Has reopened under a different name

Honestly don't remember what Mischs used to be...I spent 8 years working down the road from it back in the early 2000's
I remember the auto wreckers changing names I think a guy name Joe owns it now but did not know the original owner died i thought it just got sold.
Greens Steel Supply was what Misch's was before they moved in. used to drive past everyday when I worked at Holdens back in the late 80' and 90's. Whole area has changed now from when I moved out here 40+ years ago.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I remember the auto wreckers changing names I think a guy name Joe owns it now but did not know the original owner died i thought it just got sold.
Greens Steel Supply was what Misch's was before they moved in. used to drive past everyday when I worked at Holdens back in the late 80' and 90's. Whole area has changed now from when I moved out here 40+ years ago.

Original owner lost control of his car and backed it into a tree back in the 2000's....Went down hill from then on

I did hear a rumour Joe from Dry Creek Dismantlers may have bought it.....Can find out as a mate works at Dry Creek....