Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LAPD shoot 2 innocent women during manhunt

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
M0crXJJ.gif

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
i wouldnt dare sneeze in front of a lapd cop. they shoot anything that moves... ny cops are just as bad. i remember back in 99 a dude named Amadou Diallo got shot 41 times coming out of this apartment complex in nyc. what they thought was a gun was his wallet... ive had a cop unsnap his holster and put his hand on his weapon when i clearly hand nothing in my hands. its the wild west over there man... its common place dude...

Can you blame them? LA is the drug and gang capital of the world, driveby capital of the world, more guns than your average 3rd world hellhole whose current civil war has lasted longer than I have been alive and even potentially before my parents were born. NY isn't that far behind

If I had a gun and knew there were a lot of well armed people out there ready to shoot me for no real reason, I'd probably be a fair bit trigger happy myself. It's what you get when people consider posession and use of weapons up to and including assault rifles a fundametal human right. I'm surprised the NRA isn't pushing for all white, pickup driving Americans to have the right to bear nuclear warheads.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Can you blame them? LA is the drug and gang capital of the world, driveby capital of the world, more guns than your average 3rd world hellhole whose current civil war has lasted longer than I have been alive and even potentially before my parents were born. NY isn't that far behind

If I had a gun and knew there were a lot of well armed people out there ready to shoot me for no real reason, I'd probably be a fair bit trigger happy myself. It's what you get when people consider posession and use of weapons up to and including assault rifles a fundametal human right. I'm surprised the NRA isn't pushing for all white, pickup driving Americans to have the right to bear nuclear warheads.

still dosent justify shooting first and asking questions later. also theres a big difference between an 18 year old gang banger with more tats than common sense and a 71 year old senior citizen. you can approach a vehicle weapons out determine whos in the vehicle, or you can order those people out of the vehicle. seeing a vehicle that may or may not match an APB then lighting it up like a christmas tree i dont think is taught at the academy.

also to the gun thing i personally think the assult rifle ban is a complete waste of time. theres less then 400 murders committed with any kind of rifle "assult" or what ever in the US. then you have like 6 or 7000 deaths with hand guns. theres four times more stabbing murders then rifle murders in the US. (i think over 1600 a year). if they cared about people theyd go after the hand guns instead of rifles, but all they care about is headlines and politics over there.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0310.pdf

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Damn, they were shooting at the driver and passenger seats as well. it's almost comical that so many rounds were fired without major injury. Fairly pathetic really, kinda shows how in-effective a 5.56 round is against anything other than a soft target.

Given the state of things in LA at the moment i'm not surprised, the guy they are hunting is a cop killer, ex cop and ex marine. When it comes to cop killers they will shoot first and give consideration to maybe asking questions a Looooooong time later. This guy has targeted about 50 cops + families. No excuse to shoot at innocent folks though, so much to identifying your target first :)

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Pretty impressive firing over 40 rounds and managing to hit almost everything except what they were aiming for.

LOL they even hit the mud flaps, WTF were they aiming at?

Damn, they were shooting at the driver and passenger seats as well. it's almost comical that so many rounds were fired without major injury. Fairly pathetic really, kinda shows how in-effective a 5.56 round is against anything other than a soft target.

They were using .22's? I haven't seen the story but I would have thought they'd be using .45ACP or 9mm at the very least, but certainly not a .22

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
They were using .22's? I haven't seen the story but I would have thought they'd be using .45ACP or 9mm at the very least, but certainly not a .22

Most of the US cops use the AR 15's or a variation there off. Most common load is 5.56 which is dimensionally similar to .223 round which is nothing like a .22 rim fire cartridge

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I wonder how many Ute drivers will be thinking, "it maybe safer to take the train for a couple of days!"

Last edited:

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Most of the US cops use the AR 15's or a variation there off. Most common load is 5.56 which is dimensionally similar to .223 round which is nothing like a .22 rim fire cartridge

Yes but I would have thought they would have opened fire with their side arm, not broken out the assault rifles, perhaps I'm wrong. And fwiw I never said .22RF, I said .22